Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

I'd said beforehand I'd take a point, but being in control at 1-2 is a little annoying.

Still unbeaten away from home though so its still a positive.

Morsy should have been sent off, hopefully he'll remember to bring his foot with him cos he left it behind a few times. 

We should have been playing 10 men for 35 minutes but the ref bottled it, how that was not a second yellow is beyond me. I thought Ipswich were fantastic. Delap looks a top drawer stiker. Their energy levels were higher simple as that, couple with sub par performances from Onana, Carlos, Bailey (who just has not looked himself, injury perhaps) and Ramsey was really bad. 

Dare I say it, we missed McGinn. It least we got a point, we’ve only lost to Arsenal. Loads more to come, EMI looked good when he came on. 

A few things from me:

• Sam Morsy should have had 4 yellow cards 
  • we were very sloppy and had more than enough possession to win comfortably  it we just didn’t create much with the ball
  • Carlos was poor for their goal but Konsa didn’t cover himself in glory either after giving away the ball 
  • Philogene doesn’t look like he’s a good replacement for Bailey yet (compare his appearances to when Bailey was super sub for diaby for a while last year)
  • Ipswich worked hard and deserved their point (maybe more to be honest)
  • Still, lots of teams will struggle there this year, I’ll take the point and no injuries as it was a fairly feisty game 

Get our left hand side sorted & now our right side looks dreadful & it's worrying going forward now as if we can see it as fans every team we come up against now will target it. Its a must will play Konsa at right centre back as Carlos is gone as a player now he made Drlap look like prime Palmer. Glad we got a point in the end onto Bayern Wednesday 💪

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Digne simply won’t go for the line when we’re attacking, too often he simply passes it back. Maatsen has to play.

Ramsey was the same. Out of ideas and passes it back. Our attacks are dying on the wings. Philogene doesn’t look capable of doing it on the other wing and Bailey hasn’t got going yet. It’s a big problem. 

• Like 2

Emery said at the presser that these matches are important because the odd point dropped here and there can make the difference between qualifying for Europe or not.

Let’s hope we don’t come to regret throwing away those two points.

We played without intensity and focus.

Fair play to Ipswich, they busted a gut to make the most of their limited resources while we didn’t do justice to our much richer set of talents.

I’m not naming a man of the match because I don’t think any of our players justified it.

Pretty poor performance, we weren’t at it and needed to be as they had drew last three games prior. Ref was atrocious though, Morsy should have been sent off, and we likely go on to win if he did.

Ipswich, Forest, Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, doesn’t matter. You aren’t winning a Premier League football match playing the way we just did. We were abhorrent.
A point is a good result given the performance. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I'll say it again, Phillogene is not up to this level, terrible awareness. Konsa had arguably his worse game in a Villa shirt. You can't lack that kind of intensity and expect to win games.

He played better off the left side for Hull, likewise Buendia played off the right for Norwich years back. Given that our wingers don't take anyone on and invert anyway I don't know why we haven't tried Buendia RM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ouchmefoot said:

The problem is he is playing right back so finding himself further up the pitch and out of position on counter attacks

The first he poked the ball into the ground. Nobody should do that. 2nd one he decided to try a KDB miracle ball when even our best players are taught to keep it safe. Ridiculous decision making not based on him playing right back which is why the blame has to rest in his head for the lost points today. We weren't great but leading prior to the 2nd disaster.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want to give Unai some blame today.

However on second thought, as frustrating as it is, I feel he has an eye on Bayern so took his players off.

A fine balancing act, a shite one when you don't necessarily have the quality in depth where you need it.

Yep gonna have to get used to it this season. People who thought John McGinn wouldn't be missed might want to think again after today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had my concerns when I saw how bad we were preseason and it's continued into this season. Of course part of it is the new influx and getting balance, but it's just not clicking at all.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Is the ref not allowed to look at the stamp on philogene at the monitors? Is it just for straight red card decisions?

Yes - only for straight red. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â