Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

These comments are getting more and more boring. It's every game now.

Stay out of them? Block people?

No more boring than those embarrassing reactions that get spouted in the match thread on a weekly basis  by the same people.

Something in my mind thinks that our style of play while often effective especially at home needs to be almost perfect away from home otherwise we often let average sides get encouragement and momentum. I think we at times need to be a little bit smarter when the crowd is up and the opposition players are sharp in the press. 

Did Unai tell our wide players (Bailey, Jaden, Jj) to have the day off? Get the ball in space, take two slow touches then pass back to the defence???

Also I know lots on here prefer Digne for his dependability but that position is supposed to be one of our main attacking outlets, and he is too slow and passive. When both him and Bailey do it we look clueless.

56 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Something in my mind thinks that our style of play while often effective especially at home needs to be almost perfect away from home otherwise we often let average sides get encouragement and momentum. I think we at times need to be a little bit smarter when the crowd is up and the opposition players are sharp in the press. 

We were still chasing goals at 2-1 up, Ipswich stayed compact and hit us on the break when we tried to split their defense with 50/50 balls,  balls we shouldn't be playing at 2-1 up.

We should be playing around the back and stretching the game once we have the upper hand.

It really isn't the way Emery wants us to play and it must be very frustrating for him watching players surrendering possession when we don't need to.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

So because other people can't regulate their emotions and act like normal human beings rather than having a hissy fit every week because we're not smashing every team, that means that I should stay out of the match thread? 🙄

Yep

From what I saw of the game I thought we were mostly poor, so in that getting a point from it isn't a bad outcome, and wouldn't have been to dsappointed with a draw going into the game.

We aren't just going to win every single so called 'easy' fixture, doesn't work like that for any team, we wll have more results like today, just like we did last season

I suspect Ipswich will get a decent amount of wins at home and by the end of the season today won't look such a bad result

Its a shame we've got Mancheter United next, as a win in that, would cast today in a more positive light, as four points from the two games would be a good return

Unai can deny it but it was obvious we were trying to nick a win without getting out of 2nd gear. It's a long season, with many hectic periods to come. No one will care that we drew Ipswich away if we pull of a CL or FA cup run. 

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Jury is out on a few players in the squad. 

I'm not sold on a Maatsen and Onana yet and Ollie, although scoring, still isn't playing all that well. 

Carlos and Philogene are not top 10 standard either. 

Kamara and Mings back will be a huge boost

I thought Ollie was one of the few players that played well today.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

We have a number of issues:

• Can’t defend or keep clean sheets (rubbish defence, Konsa and Torres overrated)
  • No width whatsoever (Ramsey isn’t a left winger, Philogene is a winger but looks rubbish at this level, we miss Diaby)
  • We are too slow as a team (this comes from the manager, Unai is world class but he’s got to change his approach because we should have won today, we are better then them on paper but our slow approach made it so easy.)

We are -3 points down in equivalent games from last season, we will be lucky to finish top 6 in all honesty unless we drastically improve in the coming months. We were fortunate to get past Leicester, Everton and wolves who are all mediocre teams at best.

Unai won't and shouldn't be changing the approach that took the same group of players pretty much from the bottom end of the league looking like shit and got them into the champions league.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

From what I saw of the game I thought we were mostly poor, so in that getting a point from it isn't a bad outcome, and wouldn't have been to dsappointed with a draw going into the game.

We aren't just going to win every single so called 'easy' fixture, doesn't work like that for any team, we wll have more results like today, just like we did last season

I suspect Ipswich will get a decent amount of wins at home and by the end of the season today won't look such a bad result

Its a shame we've got Mancheter United next, as a win in that, would cast today in a more positive light, as four points from the two games would be a good return

The amount of posts just writing them off as shite and expecting us to win was about as ridiculous as the amount of posts after the game questioning the tactics and personnel that have been incredible for two years.

• Like 1

Guys getting into a huge debate with a guy from work who's a ipswich fan. Does anyone have the still image or video of both tilemans foul and jade foul which morsy committed.

I have absolutely gone crackers about that guy and his terrible tackles.

Villa today imo were so poor just didn't create an awful lot with such a great lineup.

I thought we were lucky to get a point

Edited by villan501

Sounding like a moany Sky 6 team fan but was there any real need to have this as a Sunday match in a Champions League week?  Having the extra day might have meant we didn't have to play in energy saving mode.  That said I don't think at the end of the season we will look on this as that bad a result, Ipswich and Delap especially look decent enough.

38 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Unai can deny it but it was obvious we were trying to nick a win without getting out of 2nd gear. It's a long season, with many hectic periods to come. No one will care that we drew Ipswich away if we pull of a CL or FA cup run. 

Agree with what you’re saying but this kind of arithmetic is killing football for me. Let’s give up not winning the unwinnable league but potentially go a bit higher in the unwinnable league to enter the unwinnable competition but perhaps sacrifice entering into the unwinnable competition next year to go slightly further in the unwinnable completion this year and perhaps also go a bit further in the sort of winnable but still basically still unwinnable domestic competition. But completely sacrifice the most winnable competition because no one really cares if you win it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Radness said:

Did Unai tell our wide players (Bailey, Jaden, Jj) to have the day off? Get the ball in space, take two slow touches then pass back to the defence???

Also I know lots on here prefer Digne for his dependability but that position is supposed to be one of our main attacking outlets, and he is too slow and passive. When both him and Bailey do it we look clueless.

Jaden has off days every time I have seen him play, no tricks to beat his man, knocked off the ball easily, at the Monet he offers absolutely nothing and why do we insist on Konsa at right back when we have a right back on the bench, if Ned had been at right back today then thier second goal doesn’t happen 

We need to get Konsa back in the middle and  Carlos out.  Both were at fault for the equalizer.

Ramsey seems to have turned into Man City style Grealish,  Stops, turns and plays it safe inside every time, where he used to run at them.

Our defending and some of Emi's goalkeeping was poor again and it's becoming habitual.

The ref - awful.  Bottled second yellow for Morsy twice and missed loads of fouls on our players.  Gave a foul against Onana after Phillips had fallen over and kicked out at him. Dreadful.

The subs had a negative effect this week, we ended up worse. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â