Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

Ref was horrendous. Beyond bad. That's not bias, he's a complete joke. 

Notable moments, Carlos is woeful and Onana was extremely poor. Should have been hooked at halftime. Very poor energy levels and when we did try you could see Ipswich were there for the taking. 

• Like 1

Two points dropped, although Ipswich looked more like winning it in injury time. Morsy should have been off for a second yellow, that was blatant. Diego Carlos is a complete liability at times, his “defending” for the second goal was shocking, just let Delap saunter past him. I think the words to describe Onana’s performance today would be “lethargic “ or “anemic “. 
Overall not a great performance but after being 2-1 ahead Villa could easily have lost the game late on. Obviously much better is required against Bayern.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

We were awful but my God the match threads are getting more and more toxic. 

These comments are getting more and more boring. It's every game now.

Stay out of them? Block people?

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Impressed by some of Ipswich’s play. Hope they stay up and think they’ll have a good chance. We were awful other than the brief period we scored two. Did we have a chance second half? A point was all we deserved, if that. 

I thought they were very poor, I was surprised actually.

Never seen such a football league looking line-up. Some of those haircuts were so EFL.

18 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Weird season so far. Feels like we have been mostly poor and lucky and yet still find ourselves up there. Feels like our luck js running out though. 

Indeed.

Hopefully it's not a case of our luck will run out soon, and more a case of we haven't even gotten going yet 

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

As many of you know (and nods to @StefanAVFC and @Spoony on either side of the coin here), I often defend referees and maybe don't see the apparent bias that happens every single game.  I actually don't think there was much bias today, either...

...but, my God, that was some shit performance by the referee :D 

Lets get the main out of the way - Sam Morsy should be sent off.  I actually don't think the foul on Tielemans necessarily warranted a second yellow (maybe some give it, but I think it would be harsh) but the foul afterwards is an absolute stonewall yellow card, let alone being a second offence following a booking, which would ordinarily lead to a red.  He should be sent off.  But, actually, I don't think the referee sees the foul properly.  He takes an age to give a free kick, and it seemed to be given because Philogene stayed down injuried.  I don't think he's seen it!  He doesn't know what's happened, and just gives a free kick...

...which leads us to our second bit of shit (but accidentally correct) refereeing of the game.  At some point, we commit a foul in the Ipswich half and Digne taps the ball away to delay a freekick.  It's a stonewall booking this season, but the referee, again, does nothing.  It's only when (caught on camera!) Tuanzebe (I think?) comes over and shouts at the ref "he kicked the ball away!" that Digne gets booked.  Again, I'm not sure the ref has seen it.  He's just given the <thing> due to what's happened afterwards.

NEXT UP... Rogers got caught late (again) at some point in the first half.  It looked like a yellow should've been given, and there was some protesting afterwards.  Well done cameraman again, because you can clearly see the ref mouth "I've played advantage, it's not a yellow" - odd law, I thought, but they actually implement that if someone pulls a shirt when a player is running through, but an advantage occurs.  So maybe the referee has got this correct, and it's just what happens...

...but then, in the second half, Greaves catches Duran late and the referee plays an advantage.  However, he then dishes out a yellow card to Greaves after the passage of play has stopped.  Which one is it?!  You can't book because an advantage has been played, or you can?!

And, for no bias, Rogers should've also been booked.  He was clumsy in tackling through the back of Ipswich players at least 3 times, but got nothing.

I don't think you can reasonably expect consistency on refereeing decisions over the course of a season.  Games flow differently, you might see things differently etc.  But in the same game with the same referee?!  Yeah, that should happen.  He was well off it.

This result wasn't down to the referee, though.  We were **** awful and fully deserved to lose.  Hopefully it's a point well gained rather than, on the face of it, a disappointing draw.

Yeah I’m basically this. 

Im very amused every week when the ref has been biased against us again. Just like the previous 3,000 weeks. 

Like all football fans we generally feel the ref has had a bad game every game because every decision didn’t go our way. 

Usually the ref has been alright. 

But today he was absolutely **** shit

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One solace I hope is that whilst we may drop points against teams we should beat on paper, I'm confident we can also beat teams we shouldn't be beating, on paper 

In fairness, today was the first time all season where we dropped points against a team you'd expect us to beat on paper. I think we've done well in this regard so far this season.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

In fairness, today was the first time all season where we dropped points against a team you'd expect us to beat on paper. I think we've done well in this regard so far this season.

In terms of points gained, yes. In terms of performance levels it’s a big fat no. Unai will sort it out though.

Carlos and Pau are midtable ce tre back paring defensively.....at best. The more games they play together, the more we will struggle. 

Martinez let's in another weak low effort , not hit any form this season at all. 

Ramsey, philogene, onana all lost possession poorly at time. 

Watkins still doesn't yet look fit. 

Bailey should not be playing, as he's not fit either. 

Other than that....we're still, laughably 5th. 

What's going to happen when we actually start to play well. Be nice to kick in soon, because we've been bang average most of this season so far. We need mings back and to leave bogarde or new to learn how to play rb. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

This Konsa RB project needs to end Unai

I love you but please...

Carlos screwing us over on and off the pitch. It’s a shame. 

But he needs to get Kosta back in there. Id rather have him and his struggles over Konsa being forced out of position and having DC on the pitch.

• Like 1

Jury is out on a few players in the squad. 

I'm not sold on a Maatsen and Onana yet and Ollie, although scoring, still isn't playing all that well. 

Carlos and Philogene are not top 10 standard either. 

Kamara and Mings back will be a huge boost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

These comments are getting more and more boring. It's every game now.

Stay out of them? Block people?

So because other people can't regulate their emotions and act like normal human beings rather than having a hissy fit every week because we're not smashing every team, that means that I should stay out of the match thread? 🙄

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

People piling on Carlos is ridiculous. 

He was shafted by Konsa big time today. 

He made a couple of very important blocks and used his strength well. Maybe for the 2nd goal he could have held his ground but again, totally exposed by a piss poor performance from Konsa. 

He was. Konsa playing an awful pass that was never on then jogging back was pathetic when he should if just popped it off to philogene. However a professional footballer paid an awful lot of money to defend should try defending and Carlos did not. He got squared up inside the box which is just basic. Why didn’t he show he guy on the outside? Then you know the is only one way he can go.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â