Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Onana isn’t luiz and philogene isn’t Diaby. Haven’t replaced either player really.

Kamara can’t come back soon enough.

I do think we miss Luiz control of the ball, Diaby was very hit and miss and if Bailey wasn’t playing within himself we wouldn’t be talking about Bailey. Onana, just isn’t a Luiz replacement. We need Kamara back asap 

Always gonna be a tough game and Ipswich made it that way. Though Barkley did well when he came on but Duran and Watkins didn't work, Rogers was  missed when he went off,  would like to see Duran and Rogers together. 

Midfield seem to sit too deep leaving Ipswich space to play into, happy with the point, could easily have buckled at the end. Onto Bayern 😁 , UTV 

Edited by tinker

Draw was a fair result. When they were piling in those corners at the end I was more than happy to take it.

Disappointing that we could not keep control once we had gone on front.

We were too wasteful in the final with some shocking passing. Konsa’s attempted eye of the  needle stuff lead directly to their equalizer, when their was an easier option.

Another mixed bag from Emi.

lets hope they all step it up again on Wednesday night.

UTV

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But most people in here have been fully ready to acknowledge our performance was poor? They're just pointing out that the refereeing also had an impact, because it did.

An impact on the result, I firmly disagree. We could have had two men extra in that second - half, and still we wouldn't have scored. We got what we deserved and it could have well been worse!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

On a positive we have some big players to come back in Mings, Kamara, McGinn and Cash.

Ipswich have now drawn 4 in a row so on recent form (and last season) are no pushovers particularly when we are not fully at it.

Liverpool and Man City beat them though, speaks volumes. They scored 2 against us, they have not done that before and drawn. Sorry to be negative ninny.

I think the point is, some players were not playing well. We gave them the goals, rather than they scored 2 crackers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Always gonna be a tough game and Ipswich made it that way. Though Barkley did well when he came on but Duran and Watkins didn't work, Rogers was  missed when he went off,  would like to see Duran and Rogers together. 

Midfield seem to sit too deep leaving Ipswich space to play into, happy with the point, could easily have buckled at the end. Onto Bayern 😁 , UTV 

We seem to struggle at those tight - knit grounds. Luton away last season comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

An impact on the result, I firmly disagree. We could have had two men extra in that second - half, and still we wouldn't have scored. We got what we deserved and it could have well been worse!

How did it NOT impact the result? We were 2-1 up when Morsy should've gone.

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

Ipswich deserves credit for the way they played

They definitely do - what they lacked in ability they made up for, in spirit and intensity, but we should expect that as a given, from a newly promoted team in the bottom third of the table.

We lacked any intensity, no snap in the passing, a largely disinterested midfield and schoolboy defending.

We made life easy for them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Liverpool and Man City beat them though, speaks volumes. They scored 2 against us, they have not done that before and drawn. Sorry to be negative ninny.

I think the point is, some players were not playing well. We gave them the goals, rather than they scored 2 crackers.

Nothing negative about that. It's a valid point you make and is indicative of just how far we have to go before we're considered genuine title contenders.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Once again Emery costs us a win by playing Konsa at right back …. what is wrong with the guy ?!!!!

I think he was at fault for both their goals:

Should have hoofed it for the first and not run out of position for their second, he just lacks the pace to make a recovery run.

Carlos looked like a liability in Konsa's best position.

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

They definitely do - what they lacked in ability they made up for, in spirit and intensity, but we should expect that as a given, from a newly promoted team in the bottom third of the table.

We lacked any intensity, no snap in the passing, a largely disinterested midfield and schoolboy defending.

We made life easy for them.

Regardless of where your position in the league is, it should be a given for any team. There no excuses for a lack of intensity, hence Emery creating an excuse free environment.

As many of you know (and nods to @StefanAVFC and @Spoony on either side of the coin here), I often defend referees and maybe don't see the apparent bias that happens every single game.  I actually don't think there was much bias today, either...

...but, my God, that was some shit performance by the referee :D 

Lets get the main out of the way - Sam Morsy should be sent off.  I actually don't think the foul on Tielemans necessarily warranted a second yellow (maybe some give it, but I think it would be harsh) but the foul afterwards is an absolute stonewall yellow card, let alone being a second offence following a booking, which would ordinarily lead to a red.  He should be sent off.  But, actually, I don't think the referee sees the foul properly.  He takes an age to give a free kick, and it seemed to be given because Philogene stayed down injuried.  I don't think he's seen it!  He doesn't know what's happened, and just gives a free kick...

...which leads us to our second bit of shit (but accidentally correct) refereeing of the game.  At some point, we commit a foul in the Ipswich half and Digne taps the ball away to delay a freekick.  It's a stonewall booking this season, but the referee, again, does nothing.  It's only when (caught on camera!) Tuanzebe (I think?) comes over and shouts at the ref "he kicked the ball away!" that Digne gets booked.  Again, I'm not sure the ref has seen it.  He's just given the <thing> due to what's happened afterwards.

NEXT UP... Rogers got caught late (again) at some point in the first half.  It looked like a yellow should've been given, and there was some protesting afterwards.  Well done cameraman again, because you can clearly see the ref mouth "I've played advantage, it's not a yellow" - odd law, I thought, but they actually implement that if someone pulls a shirt when a player is running through, but an advantage occurs.  So maybe the referee has got this correct, and it's just what happens...

...but then, in the second half, Greaves catches Duran late and the referee plays an advantage.  However, he then dishes out a yellow card to Greaves after the passage of play has stopped.  Which one is it?!  You can't book because an advantage has been played, or you can?!

And, for no bias, Rogers should've also been booked.  He was clumsy in tackling through the back of Ipswich players at least 3 times, but got nothing.

I don't think you can reasonably expect consistency on refereeing decisions over the course of a season.  Games flow differently, you might see things differently etc.  But in the same game with the same referee?!  Yeah, that should happen.  He was well off it.

This result wasn't down to the referee, though.  We were **** awful and fully deserved to lose.  Hopefully it's a point well gained rather than, on the face of it, a disappointing draw.

Edited by bobzy

I live 45 minutes away from Ipswich, had to go to Cambridge this morning and saw lots of coaches of our supporters travelling the other way. Credit to you all, it's a long drag from Brum to Ipswich.

Hope you all get back ok.

Many years ago I just used to walk up and pay at the turnstiles - no way could I get a ticket for this game.

Ipswich are a tricky team to play against, there are no "easy" games in this league. Some were saying before the game that we would win 3 nil....but Ipswich have a good home form, they are fighting for every point to survive this season.

Although it seemed we played poorly at least we didn't lose and more importantly I don't have to slink around here avoiding "tractor boys" supporting friends and neighbours ! 

Would have been great to have won this 4 nil though.....😊

• Like 1

Just think every player had an average match, everybody seemed to have poor moments and good moments.  This was a Gerrard type performance which we don’t expect anymore…Unai will sort them out.

Ipswich deserved the draw.  

Really think Carlos is the major weakness for us.  

Ref was a complete joke.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â