Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

1 minute ago, WHY said:

2 big chances Ipswich missed in the first half were down to him being 5 yards behind the other defenders for the Clarke header and in no man’s land when Emi saved from Delap, don’t even get me started on the 2nd Delap goal. He’s simply not good enough for where we are at.

That's not on Carlos he shouldn't be playing correct. Then we hook our best CB to RB That's the issue problem has never been solved.

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

We came from a goal down to lead, and then through being lacklustre in the second - half we threw it away. Shoulda, coulda doesn't cut it at this level for me I'm afraid.

But most people in here have been fully ready to acknowledge our performance was poor? They're just pointing out that the refereeing also had an impact, because it did.

9 minutes ago, andycappa said:

Sky sports are embarrassing finding reason as to why the 2nd yellow was not given, 4 tackles 1st half and a yellow the 1st one 2nd half was yellow and off, the 2nd one was a straight red, if it had been a Villa player the red would have been straight out, corrupt league, corrupt refs 

Honest, attwell isn't capable of being corrupt, he hasn't got the skill or the control that would be required 

He's just that **** useless 

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

2 big chances Ipswich missed in the first half were down to him being 5 yards behind the other defenders for the Clarke header and in no man’s land when Emi saved from Delap, don’t even get me started on the 2nd Delap goal. He’s simply not good enough for where we are at.

This - when you're playing a high line and one of the centre backs is keeping players onside it is suicide!

• Like 1

It's not a terrible point away from home, as Ipswich seem to be developing resilience. That said, it does feel a bit like 2 points dropped as we were ahead and in control. Locking the game down would have been a better option and we only have ourselves to blame for not winning. 

To think we'd hit the big time when we signed Diego Carlos!

We'd be in League 1 right now if Gerrard wasn't sacked.

One of the dumbest and most disinterested defenders I've seen in a Villa shirt.

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surprised at people voting Rogers MOTM. Thought he was garbage personally. Only outfield players to come away with any sort of credit were Watkins and Tielemans.

To be fair he had a mixed game. Some good touches, but all of our advanced players misplace too many passes and make us vulnerable counter attacking sides.

2nd half in particular really poor. Gave the ball away a bunch of times, resulting in quick breaks that got chances or corners. Do that enough and one of them was inevitably going to end in goal. It's not so much the high line itself, but sloppiness when playing with a high line is costly. Konsa definitely screwed us for the 2nd goal but others were guilty at other times.

Obviously abysmal refereeing to not give Morsy 2nd yellow from one of about three obvious 2nd yellow fouls he made - but that doesn't excuse under par performance. Hard to pick MOTM because no-one really shone today. Martinez had 2 v good saves, but maybe should have stopped one of the goals. Watkins good goal and caused problems, but we didn't ultimately have too  many efforts on goal. None of the subs really made notable impact.

I don't know if they had the Bayern game on their mind, but really poor today, Apart from Martinez, not one player got more than a 6.

We are better when we move the ball quickly, we was far too slow on the ball today.

Ref didn't help though. Their 1st goal came from a free kick that wasn't a foul.

Konsa and Carlos poor on the 2nd.

1st game this season I think we really missed Kamara

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â