Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ponderous shite.

But the Ipswich captain should've had a second yellow right before they scored and here we are.

We can't rely on our opponents going down to 10 men, to get a result. We should be good enough to beat 11 men, every match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Are you joking?

Nope. 

Both goals were down to Konsa. 

Carlos didn't make any errors. He passed the ball well and bailed out Konsa on several occasions. 

Just seems he is an easy scapegoat to blame, yet today apparently it is also his fault other players were shit?! Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

You simply cannot canter through any Premiership game with a one goal lead. You go for a clinical second to kill the game then take the foot off the gas to save a little for Champions League.

Villa still haven't learnt the lesson and rightly paid the price. In fact by the end of the game Ipswich were much the better side and could have scored a winner.

Jacob Ramsey although a little better today is still way off his best and for the most part a passenger alongside Bailey. It's really something the manager should be looking at.

I expect Villa to play with a lot more energy against Bayern. They will absolutely have to!

• Like 1

Regardless of the actual football, I think we missed having McGinn on the pitch as the captain and therefore the one outfield player allowed to argue with the ref. I think he would have been in his ear constantly about their fouling, particularly what should have been Morsy’s second yellow. We didn’t react strongly enough to that. Dark arts and all that.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Very lackadaisical. Ipswich is this seasons Luton Town. Tough scrappy team that’ll steal points off people if they aren’t careful.

Top 6 sides will go there this season and win, we went there and thought we would win, it’s a mentality we need to break you have to earn the right at the top and we don’t and haven’t 

• Like 1

As we all know most pundit will look at the result and say they deserved it no matter what. 

I thought Ipswich were ok but committed fouls every time we tried to attack and the ref let them away with it. 

It’s the kind of game SJM would’ve made a difference. 

Just now, jamodillo said:

I certainly don't think Carlos is great and appreciate that if Konsa was cb for their 2nd we wouldn't have conceded given how good he is 1 on 1. But I don't think the ridiculous mistakes konsa made have anything to do with him playing RB. Id be fuming if he was in the middle and kept losing the ball!

He tried to make a forward pass 70 yards away from our goal and it got cut out. Yes it was a poor ball but are you telling me that should score from that? Carlos is a liability, he’s been poor for a lot of games now.  

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

People piling on Carlos is ridiculous. 

He was shafted by Konsa big time today. 

He made a couple of very important blocks and used his strength well. Maybe for the 2nd goal he could have held his ground but again, totally exposed by a piss poor performance from Konsa. 

I think you may have to watch that again!

He had been caught out of position multiple times and got into a pointless ego tussle with Delap all before they scored the 1st.

He caused the defence to be pulled apart multiple times, and gave away multiple free kicks.

Hes far too skittish to be relied on

Our CB/RB pairing was always going to cost us eventually and it would have already if not for Duran saving us. It's been blatantly obvious for weeks and the situation has not been addressed. 

The Bogarde experiment didn't work. Konsa is a class CB and wasted at RB, clearly doesn't want to play there and Carlos is shite full stop.

Nedeljkovic was class in pre season. Play him, or even better, don't spend 35m on a LB when we have 2 capable players in that position and fix the RB situation before the season starts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Going forward we looked threatening but were wasteful/too casual or too cautious at times slowing down play and going backwards/sideways too often in the second half when being in decent counter attacking positions.

Defensively given the opposition and the amount of decent chances we conceded you can't judge it as anything other than really poor. Carlos is a liability and I don't understand why we are pushing our best CB out to right back with an adequate right back on the bench.

Ref was a joke. Morsy could have got 4 yellows. 

Two points dropped and really disappointing overall.

We did not look threatening going forward.

Zero corners...keeper first save in 88th minute.

We were slow....predictable and poor with the ball.

When we did on the odd occasion get forward....we would put the brakes on...wiait for them to settle.and then struggle for any movement or purpose 

Morsey...should have walked.

We got dragged around by a more intense team.

And that's the issue..even in games we have won.

Our intense levels are slow.

I.wouldnt say two points dropped as for 70 mins Ipswich were the better side 

Edited by Bazmonkey

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really do tire of the ref conspiracies. We were dreadful in that second - half, and that is what cost is in that second half, nothing else!

Well we were in control at that point imo so if the ref does his job and sends morsey off theres a very high chance we win. 

Carlos and Konsa were shit at the back though and ramsey broke down our attacking plays

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â