Ratings & Reactions: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/24 at 22:59

Just now, Awol said:

Lots of poor performances today, but if I never see Carlos in a Villa shirt again it will be some compensation. 

poor poor points dropped. We’ll regret this result at the end of the season. 

Once again against Bayern Munich, we're going to have to ask the question of what is more of a liability, Bogarde at RB, or Carlos at centre back.

It's got to be Konsa back to the middle and Bogarde at RB for me, Kane will score a hatful up against this clown. I'm with you, if I see him in a Villa shirt again, it'll be too **** soon.

• Like 2

Picking a MOTM was difficult, went for Watkins because of the goal but every single player was below par, worst performance of the season by far but if the ref did his job properly they'd have been down to 10 and we'd have probably won. Not signing a right back was a terrible decision.

Officials were genuinely shocking today. Ipswich getting away with 9 or 10 late challenges and professional fouls. Every 50/50 decision going their way.

Saying that, if we'd have won it wouldn't have been deserved. Too many 5 or 6 out of 10 performances. Just too slow, ponderous and offering nothing going forward. Much like first half against Wolves. Need to improve a lot on this showing.

Konsa at RB is not the answer. It just isn't. He's a good CB and a mediocre RB. He offers pretty much nothing going forward and today he was diabolical defensively. It also means we have to play Carlos at CB and he should not play. RB was our glaring big weakness going into the summer window and sadly it still is. Shame that Kosta isn't ready despite starting and playing well for Serbia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamodillo said:

Ezri Konsa will be very disappointed. At fault completely for both goals. Anyone pointing to Carlos just doesn't like him.

Konsa is partially at fault yes, but you are so wrong about Carlos. 

• Like 1

Philogene was such a pointless signing. 

Why is Konsa playing Right back after Unai said he couldn't afford to play Ezri there. 

Diego is such a downgrade he just doesn't want to risk injury anymore so doesn't full send it, also his concentration is jokes. 

Why did we buy Kosta? 

When does Maatsan actually start? I mean rotation can happen already. 

Yes ref was bad but the decisions today by management was the worst I've seen. 

We had full control in the second half until we changed and tried two strikers being 2-1 ahead. This was a rare tactical miss, IMO.

Very troubling that Mr reliable last season do one poor clearance that lead to the first goal and then one horrible pass when we are attacking that lead to the second goal. Hope Konsa just had a day off.

• Like 1

Garbage.

The ref not sending Morsy off on either occasion was just horseshit.

But zero urgency all game. Terrible changes by Unai. Too late and then took the wrong players off. Onana was offering nothing, and then we're trying to pinch a late goal with none of Tielemans, Watkins or Rogers on the pitch.

Moving Konsa wide to accomodate Carlos just ruins 2 positions. I'd rather play Bogarde and keep Konsa at CB, or play Maatsen at RB. Carlos is a complete liability.

Utter shit. I never want to see that Konsa at right back/ Carlos in at CB again. Play Ned at RB, he can't be any worse than Konsa and at least we keep keep Carlos out the team.

Everyone was shit mind, no man of the match they all sucked balls

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Bless the Ipswich fans at the end there, though, giving it the finger! They must be giddy playing against such a huge club. Best of luck to em.

**** them combine harvester shaggers, still bitter about 1981.

• Like 2

Just now, meregreen said:

Digne simply won’t go for the line when we’re attacking, too often he simply passes it back. Maatsen has to play.

Maatsen looked exposed at times too. Gave the ball away. I don't think he did much to justify him not being on the bench.

We played like we had one eye on Wednesday night. They played like they knew we had one eye on Wednesday night.  

Disappointing result but not a disaster, we do look weak down the right. 

• Like 2

Thought we were awful outside of the period after Ipswich took the lead. The results so far have been good, but I can't help bit feel the performances have been questionable and largely reliant on moments and swings of momentum rather than the overall performance Emery would be looking for.

Something has to happen quickly re: the defence also. Did very well last season to concede so many and finish 4th, but there's no way we can keep this up. We've conceded the most in the top half and I don't think we're unlucky to have done so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ouchmefoot said:

They should have been down to 10 men. Weak refereeing.

True but that takes nothing away from how shit we were. Disgraceful attitude today. We cannot carry on starting each half like it's a training session.

I'm actually pissed off as we'll see it again on Wednesday and next weekend. FFS come out the blocks!?!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â