Weekends Football 27/29 Sep

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

As far as I'm aware that's always been a penalty.

Don't disagree that it's always been a penalty it's more the mentality of playing for it

Said earlier about Ronaldo, he had an insane skill of going around the keeper and scoring, to me there Gordon isn't even trying to score he's trying to draw a foul and obviously succeeding

knock the ball past the keeper without the keeper getting a touch, hence how heavy and wide that touch is and then continue your run at a different angle to where he plays the ball to ensure that the keeper contacts him but can't win the ball

Harry Kane does it all the time

He is more interested in a penalty than he is scoring 

That is the "modern" slant on it and what is infuriating about it

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree that it's always been a penalty it's more the mentality of playing for it

Said earlier about Ronaldo, he had an insane skill of going around the keeper and scoring, to me there Gordon isn't even trying to score he's trying to draw a foul and obviously succeeding

knock the ball past the keeper without the keeper getting a touch, hence how heavy and wide that touch is and then continue your run at a different angle to where he plays the ball to ensure that the keeper contacts him but can't win the ball

Harry Kane does it all the time

He is more interested in a penalty than he is scoring 

That is the "modern" slant on it and what is infuriating about it

One of the worst last season was Jota for Liverpool v someone. Went round the keeper and hardly any contact and he went down even though he probably could've just tapped it into an empty net.

Penalty was still given so players will keep falling down if they feel a brush from the keeper or just move their leg towards them even if the keeper is trying to avoid contact.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

West ham in the poo poo. Couldn't happen to a better team.😂

I can think of another.

Mate. 

😉

• Haha 2

I’m quite happy that West Ham are losing. With all the Duran stuff in the summer the main Wetspam aggregator slipped in to my twitter algorithm.. he’s such an insufferable knob. Just because of him, I’m happy to see West Ham suffer. 

• Haha 1

Everton maybe trying the win from behind tactic this week compared to the losing when winning

If not it will be definitely close to the end for Dyche. Be a poisonous atmosphere if lose

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â