Weekends Football 27/29 Sep

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Never a pen, lost the ball so looked for a pen. This is why refs, VAR are shit. They cannot see a blatent cheating.

Thermy don't interpret the game anymore. It's all by the book and rules to save face.

Apparently Liverpool and Arsenal are watching on with interest with this score according to the commentators.  Assume we've gone to the shops or something. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Never a pen, lost the ball so looked for a pen. This is why refs, VAR are shit. They cannot see a blatent cheating.

Worse I think, he didn't lose the ball, he purposefully knocked it far around him, doesnt matter that he puts himself wide he just needs to put it past the keeper, then he go down 

It's pre meditated, he's trying to get fouled rather than score, he can knock it 2m wider than he needs to be and then just run towards the keepers extended arm 

The madness of modern football - and refs fall for it all the time 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worse I think, he didn't lose the ball, he purposefully knocked it far around him, doesnt matter that he puts himself wide he just needs to put it past the keeper, then he go down 

It's pre meditated, he's trying to get fouled rather than score, he can knock it 2m wider than he needs to be and then just run towards the keepers extended arm 

The madness of modern football - and refs fall for it all the time 

Don't disagree with anything written here but unfortunately that's been a penalty for more than a decade now....

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

If only we took our chances against Arsenal. How different the table would be already 

We're still primed to overtake both them and City on the table if we take care of business tomorrow, I really think with Rodri out for the season the title is wide open and can turn into a slugfest. What a perfect opportunity that could be to snag a Premiership title on 75-82 points, just like Leicester

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't disagree with anything written here but unfortunately that's been a penalty for more than a decade now....

As far as I'm aware that's always been a penalty.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

As far as I'm aware that's always been a penalty.

Keeper comes out, misses ball, catches the standing leg. Yep - always been a penalty.

Don't get me wrong - Gordon goes down waaaay too easy, but that's a penalty nevertheless.

4 minutes ago, Caddy said:

We're still primed to overtake both them and City on the table if we take care of business tomorrow, I really think with Rodri out for the season the title is wide open and can turn into a slugfest. What a perfect opportunity that could be to snag a Premiership title on 75-82 points, just like Leicester

Arsenal will get to 85-90 points pretty comfortably imo.

Newcastle away is always one of Man. City's toughest of the season, they once lost there when Benitez was managing them and Newcastle only had 15% possession.

Will need Man. City to start dropping points v bottom half teams to have a serious chance of finishing above them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â