The club's relationship with the fans

Risso

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I understand he isn't CEO, however what he is currently doing was under Purslow's purview.

The direction is coming from Nassef and rightly so, but I find it funny that fans target Heck, he is just taking direction.

I'd say fans target Heck more for the way he goes about things than for what he's doing.  Does  he take direction from NS to lie through his teeth about more or less every decision he makes and showing absolute disdain for the fans and their wishes? I think most fans understand and at least grudgingly accept the reasons for what is being done, and the trade off required to sustain success, but not the way this ham-fisted bullshitting hatchet man is going about it.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s like you didn’t even read my post

Maybe you could explain what you mean by “relationship with fans” then, because if ticket prices and there not being piss on the floor at the stadium don’t count, and the football doesn’t count, what does count?

Just now, El Segundo said:

I'd say fans target Heck more for the way he goes about things than for what he's doing.  Does  he take direction from NS to lie through his teeth about more or less every decision he makes and showing absolute disdain for the fans and their wishes? I think most fans understand and at least grudgingly accept the reasons for what is being done, and the trade off required to sustain success, but not the way this ham-fisted bullshitting hatchet man is going about it.    

He’s carrying out the instructions of the owners, maybe redirect your disdain to them. Heck is just an easy target and why he was hired.

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

He’s carrying out the instructions of the owners, maybe redirect your disdain to them. Heck is just an easy target and why he was hired.

Who are doing what it takes to compete and stay within PSR regs, which has included selling Doug, we could have kept ticket prices down but Konsa and or Watkins would have to be sold, cold hard facts.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

You're missing my point. It's the way he's carrying out their instructions that is an issue for me and many others.  There's more than one way to skin a cat, and some of them don't include dismissing the views of the fanbase and blatantly lying to them and the media.  And some of my ire is directed at NSWE for allowing him to go about it in such a fashion.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No point being good on the pitch if fans can’t afford to go and watch. 

That hasn't happened though, yet. The league Cup game will be the test. Tbh it's happened at man city , struggle to fill the ground for certain games despite massive successes. 

45 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Yes, that interview he did for that US journalist (where he talked about his urban exploring to discover The Holte Suite) showed he sees fans as a bit of a bit of a pain in the arse in all honesty. I got the impression he was fairly dismissive of their thoughts and views. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

That hasn't happened though, yet. The league Cup game will be the test. Tbh it's happened at man city , struggle to fill the ground for certain games despite massive successes. 

It clearly is happening with the state of the Bologna ticket sales. 

Our second ever champions league game. It should sell out in minutes. 

Clearly people can’t afford to go. There’s shit loads of tickets left

Also only 39k fans at the Wolves game. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

He’s made big errors and if anything I’ve been his fiercest critic on here until recently but let’s be honest, he’s despised because he’s the one seen to be putting up the prices. 

Do we want Villa to win serious trophies or not? That is the only question the club is asking themselves. Nothing else matters (rightly or wrongly). 

He is criticised because, as you acknowledge yourself, he has "made big errors" & treated the loyal fanbase with nothing but complete & utter contempt, right from the start.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

But I can’t afford to go to the Bologna match? 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, tinker said:

Who are doing what it takes to compete and stay within PSR regs, which has included selling Doug, we could have kept ticket prices down but Konsa and or Watkins would have to be sold, cold hard facts.

Well that's not true is it. Ticket prices are going to raise an extra £5m or so. We could instead sell an under 21 player, sponsor The North Stand, sponsor the Training Ground, get an official cutlery partner, car tyre partner, grass seed partner, official mini bus supplier, shed partner. Hundreds of opportunities rather than just squeezing the junkies for more hits. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Reading this thread, seems like there’s bigger issues with fans relationship with each other than their relationship with the club. 

**** off you. My relationship with other fans on here is perfectly fine you word removed. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It clearly is happening with the state of the Bologna ticket sales. 

Our second ever champions league game. It should sell out in minutes. 

Clearly people can’t afford to go. There’s shit loads of tickets left

Also only 39k fans at the Wolves game. 

Yeah. A lot of people will have sold their should to the devil to afford Bayern. Treating subsequent less high profile games the same is just stupid.  

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You just seem to be trying to convince me that the owners/club/board are doing a good job in terms of how the club is performing

Nobody is denying that. 

My point is that’s not the only thing that matters regarding relationship with the fans. man Utd fans were extremely unhappy with the glazers, for example, while they were still dominating the league and winning loads of trophies. 

Arguing that there is no problem between the club and the fans just because things are going well on the pitch makes no sense

Where did I do that? I‘m just disagreeing with the first line of the first post in this thread, where it’s being claiming that this is the lowest point in relations between the club and fans since Ellis. Given the journey the club has been on since then, that’s massive hyperbole - and that’s all the post you originally replied to said.

Obviously success on the pitch doesn’t give the people at the top a free pass to do whatever they want. But it does still count for something, and there’s no way you can make an argument for this being worse than Xia or late-stage Lerner unless you’re pretending nobody cares about the football (or the club possibly going bankrupt).

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah. A lot of people will have sold their should to the devil to afford Bayern. Treating subsequent less high profile games the same is just stupid.  

And that's were Heck will fail and pay the price, half empty ground , he has questions to answer. Blaming the owners though is wrong, their not micro managing decisions like ticket prices for games. 

18 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

This is coming directly from the owners. They have explicitly tasked the commercial side to hit 450m asap. Thats all that matters. 

Heck is just the fall guy if you hadn’t already figured that out.

So if we agree with you that those are the only concerns from the owners, why does that affect the piss poor communication from Chris Heck?

How does that affect his ability to fix the toilets so that fans don't have to walk through actual human waste products? How much is he saving by not getting it done properly, compared to the ire that it is causing the customers of the business?

Are those short term targets so important to the owners & therefore Heck, that they are all so stupid that they will risk longer term issues by pushing away the core customer base of the business? (And again, Im not talking FOR the fanbase, I am talking from a branding perspective).

Saving money is one thing, but there is also also the day to day running of the business & that includes, from a branding perspective, targets & existing responsibilities towards existing customers that do NOT include alienating the core customer base. I can speak from my own career experiences, but I can also link to study after study about keeping existing customers happy as brand 101 guidelines, even if you are targeting new customers.

And that includes trust, respect, two way loyalty, perception through communication, etc, etc, etc.

All things that Heck has shit the bed on which have absolutely nothing to do with his, & by extension, the owners, financial targets.

Edited by Andy_10

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â