The club's relationship with the fans

Risso

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Let’s be clear Nas’ only target is to help Unai to win trophies.

Unfortunately, under current regulations very difficult decisions have to be made as to how we make that happen.

........and that's what Heck is for, to help raise revenues but protect the image of the club is also important and that's a pressure Heck has to deal with, also the limitations of villa park , size and turnstile numbers and the blocking toilets. Villa park is becoming a major problem to him increase match day revenue and fan satisfaction......be careful what you wish for .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This is coming directly from the owners. They have explicitly tasked the commercial side to hit 450m asap. Thats all that matters. 

Heck is just the fall guy if you hadn’t already figured that out.

It's insane to me that people insist on remaining in denial that the owners give a remit and greenlight decisions within said remit.

As shit as it is they are business men and probably understand the dynamics of consumer behaviour and human nature.

People will be " angry " for a while, but eventually get over it due to their emotional connection and the progress of the main " Entertainment" which is on the pitch success. ( Well most people anyway )

Eventually alot of these things will just be the " new normal ". People hate change, and it will always be tough in the beginning.

In the same vein, I doubt they will be happy with things like shite service and infrastructure, and will undoubtedly be working on this behind the scenes.

The notion that such established and intelligent business men who have done so well for us, so far, would just have a Dictating American come in and just make random decisions is crazy.

So by all means be upset about the decisions, but don't be quick to just villanise a " face " because it suits the narrative.

We can love and appreciate the owners for everything they've done but it doesn't mean they won't get things wrong at times or make unpopular decisions.

My faith is still in the fact that in the end our " sacrifice " will be worth it for the greater good of the club.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, tinker said:

........and that's what Heck is for, to help raise revenues but protect the image of the club is also important and that's a pressure Heck has to deal with, also the limitations of villa park , size and turnstile numbers and the blocking toilets. Villa park is becoming a major problem to him increase match day revenue and fan satisfaction......be careful what you wish for .

Let’s be brutally honest, Villa Park IS the problem (commercially).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's insane to me that people insist on remaining in denial that the owners give a remit and greenlight decisions within said remit.

As shit as it is they are business men and probably understand the dynamics of consumer behaviour and human nature.

People will be " angry " for a while, but eventually get over it due to their emotional connection and the progress of the main " Entertainment" which is on the pitch success.

Eventually alot of these things will just be the " new normal ". People hate change, and it will always be tough in the beginning.

In the same vein, I doubt they will be happy with things like shite service and infrastructure, and will undoubtedly be working on this behind the scenes.

The notion that such established and intelligent business men who have done so well for us, so far, would just have a Dictating American come in and just make random decisions is crazy.

So by all means be upset about the decisions, but don't be quick to just villanise a " face " because it suits the narrative.

We can love and appreciate the owners for everything they've done but it doesn't mean they won't get things wrong at times or make unpopular decisions.

My faith is still in the fact that in the end our " sacrifice " will be worth it for the greater good of the club.

From what I’ve been told it’s  not even about the facilities. It’s ALL about what does Unai need to succeed.

Piss on the floor doesn’t even register in any discussion.

• Shocked 1

I think as a fan base we need to show more mettle and resolve - "like, I am paying more money so the Villa can disrupt the elite clubs (who have the rules set up in their favour by the Premier League/UEFA)" - I am viewing this as - I am investing in the club's ambition. UTV

Edited by Villa_Vids

3 hours ago, blunther said:

It's often not a barometer of the wider fanbase at alll, but on current issues of corporate, GA+, seat moving, prices it very much fits the mood in the ground. Spoke to quite a few fans at Wolves, and overheard many more, and none of the conversations were positive, from the toilets to the queues to the prices to the changes, it was a very unhappy fanbase from overheard conversations.

Of course the mood from those that don't have to deal with the issues inside the ground would be different, as it's all gravy footballwise.

Yep, mirrors everything I hear from Villa fans away from VT. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We have the best manager in the world. The owners would love to be able to pump money in but PSR and european rules means that we are going into a duel relatively with a hand gun and our main opponents have all the latest automatic weapons…. And because of Unai’s genius we are still able to compete.

The owners are not taking a single penny from the ticket increases. They have modelled it out and basically said we need a minimum 450m turnover to have any chance of making success sustainable. If we don’t do that we probably lose Unai and no one wants that.

The club is doing everything to help Unai succeed. That’s what all of this is for. 

So as fans we have a very simple choice. Do we want us to keep Unai and potentially win the league and multiple trophies or not? 

And before anyone says but what about sponsorship etc etc….. to get to 450m EVERYTHING has to be maximized. Also, Heck is being told what to do by the owners and especially Naz. We seriously need to stop beating on Heck. 

Final point. Whatever you or anyone feels, the decision has already been made. To give Unai every chance of succeeding. Unfortunately that’s going to mean that most of us are going to have to pick and choose games going forward but again, if the alternative was no Unai and solid mid table for 600 a year season ticket and sell our best players every season then what would you prefer? It’s an extremely unpalatable decision but that’s the reality of the situation unfortunately. 

Lets be honest. An extra £5m in match ticket revenue is not going to be the difference between Emery being a huge success or a disaster. 

I get every penny counts but this is a game now where you can sell an under 21 player for £5m.  There is no need to rinse the fans. 

As others have said, we've still not got a training ground sponsor plus dozens of other sponsorship opportunities. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Lets be honest. An extra £5m in match ticket revenue is not going to be the difference between Emery being a huge success or a disaster. 

I get every penny counts but this is a game now where you can sell an under 21 player for £5m.  There is no need to rinse the fans. 

As others have said, we've still not got a training ground sponsor plus dozens of other sponsorship opportunities. 

Our revenue today is WAY, WAY below 300m let alone 450m.

There is a need to rinse the fans and don’t you worry the corporates and sponsors are being rinsed equivalently. Every income stream has to be maxxed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It is also worth remembering the club hasn't actually been that successful yet. Since promotion our average league finish is 11th. No trophy in over 28 years. The last couple of years have been great but there is no guarantee that the upward trajectory will continue. The club stepping over some supporters on the way up will do well to remember they'll be clinging to those same supporters on the way down.

Whoa there cowboy. We've won the 4th place Champions League entry qualification. Forget that silverware stuff, these are the stories your grandkids will want to hear about. The glory of Tottenham failing to beat Man City to see us lift the award, still makes me tingle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Again. Everything NEEDS to be maximised and WILL be maximized. this is coming directly from Naz so anyone who keeps on blaming Heck needs to have a reality check.

And to say that you can turn a blind eye to tickets because it’s not worth anything is irrelevant. All of our main competitors are already WAY above 450m. 

450 is the absolute minimum and we need to hit it by the end of next season basically. 

This thread is about THE CLUB'S relationship with the fans. So it does include Heck AND the owners, and the toilet cleaners and the food suppliers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Our owners set targets for managers and leave them to it, rather simple principle and one that every big business uses. They measure them after a set time or major event, success or fucX up.  It's not that hard to understand, is it?

You don't think the have weekly updates and monthly board meetings? No was Nas doesn't question Heck at every game he comes to. There is no way they just set a target and walk away until year end or something. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This thread is about THE CLUB'S relationship with the fans. So it does include Heck AND the owners, and the toilet cleaners and the food suppliers. 

This thread is actually about what we as  individuals perceive our relationship to be with the club with absolutely zero understanding of the commercial and competitive landscape that the club is operating in. 

It’s a lament to bygone times. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You don't think the have weekly updates and monthly board meetings? No was Nas doesn't question Heck at every game he comes to. There is no way they just set a target and walk away until year end or something. 

Probably have an excel sheet with the income on and others with other metrics on, social media etc. But a meeting, weekly, not even monthly unless theres major developments.

More likely be chatting with Emery and his team about the team, tactics, targets etc. 

When he goes to games it will be in and out, driven to the airport and flown out, bet he's travelled a thousand miles before I have got to castle brom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don't even think its the price rises.  If those price rises were accompanied by great communication, things in the stadium working and improving, other concerns of the fans being taken into account and so on... i think the price rises would be palatable. 

For me this is 100% on Heck and his leadership and then the team directly underneath him.  

exactly. it's not JUST the price rises. it's the shit facilities. the people being moved from seats they've held for years to one that no longer exists. the placing of new railings obscuring their view. the movement to 100% digital tickets with little support to those who need it. wanting to be a big club but still apparently having (the very few) ticket office staff go for lunch at the same time. holte suite closing. large area of holte concourse turning to corporate. the people waiting years on the waiting list for a season ticket then being told they've got zero chance of ever getting one, as any new seats becoming available are sold as corporate. categorising relegation candidates as a category A game just because they play less than an hour's drive from villa park.

saw a twitter post earlier about them doing something with upper holte seats today...who knows what else is around the corner.

it's just been too much in a short space of time. your point of leadership team is totally valid...heck oversees it but ultimately he has to be able to rely on those beneith him to get their respective departments right and so many of them are not doing their job. lee preece has quit this week...it's not a ludicrous suggestion that it's because he's fed up of feeding back complaints from fans and nothing being done.

it's easy to blame heck...we have no idea really who's to blame for all this. he might have suggested a CL ticket package and/or categorised CL games (i.e. cheaper for bologna) and nas said no. we'll never know. but something needs to improve. fans don't like change...they need to slow down...focus on getting the basics right and the criticisms will subside.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This thread is actually about what we as  individuals perceive our relationship to be with the club with absolutely zero understanding of the commercial and competitive landscape that the club is operating in. 

It’s a lament to bygone times. 

Firstly, whatever the fans perceive their relationship with the club is, is their relationship with the club. They don't need to understand, but they also actually might well understand the commercial situation. That's irrelevant to how they feel about the club. 

And **** me, the world hasn't changed so much that treating customers with respect and rewarding loyalty is something from a bygone age. Companies who ignore that will fail. Football have more leeway certainly, but lose sight of your customers for a length of time and the shit will hit the fan eventually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tinker said:

Probably have an excel sheet with the income on and others with other metrics on, social media etc. But a meeting, weekly, not even monthly unless theres major developments.

More likely be chatting with Emery and his team about the team, tactics, targets etc. 

When he goes to games it will be in and out, driven to the airport and flown out, bet he's travelled a thousand miles before I have got to castle brom.

No, Heck is a Board member as is Nas. They will have minimum monthly board meetings where Nas will quiz Heck about what he's doing, how things are going, and measuring against targets. He will want to know why targets are being missed and a detailed  plan about how they will be met. 

And as I said, no way Nas turns up weekly for games, sits next to him in the stands and at dinner etc and doesn't talk to him about how shit is going. 

Nas looks pretty hands on to me. 

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Is it not hyperbolic to say that that relationship with the board is the worst that it's been since the lows of Doug Ellis, though?

Like, at no point during the reign of Tony Xia when we nearly went into liquidation or when we got relegated under Lerner did people think the board were doing a worse job?

The board‘s job and the relationship with the fans are not the same thing. 

We could be doing absolutely terribly on the pitch but still have a good relationship between the board and the fans. And vice versa

Just because we’re doing well on the pitch doesn’t automatically mean fans are happy. There’s more to it than that 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â