The club's relationship with the fans

Risso

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Is it not hyperbolic to say that that relationship with the board is the worst that it's been since the lows of Doug Ellis, though?

Like, at no point during the reign of Tony Xia when we nearly went into liquidation or when we got relegated under Lerner did people think the board were doing a worse job?

The Xia era was worse than the Ellis era or any era at Villa

A clown with emojis that people easily fell for. It was incredibly unprofessional 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Heck prices out the fans that having being going there for generations and those fans can’t afford to go now because of the price hikes why would those fans care.

I’ve been going for all my life but if I got priced out why would I care as much what happens to Villa.  I will love until the day I die, nobody could question my loyalty or affection for the Villa but what’s the point if I can’t see it.  What does winning the league mean to me if I don’t get to see any of it?  

My bond with the club has been built through me growing up living in the Villa life, if they don’t let me be part of that, then will winning a title then does my emotion decrease.  It’s not as if we can see most of the games on TV in this country (although foreign fans can watch every game).

I’d rather have the balance of being able to go and the usual fans to enjoy it and maybe that slightly limits the ability of winning loads of trophies or only the rich or tourist fans can go and we win loads of trophies.  

Heck seems to be favouring the latter.

I personally don’t think you need to gouge the fans for the small benefit and just focus on the other revenue streams and generate (say) £400m instead of £450m.

Again. Everything NEEDS to be maximised and WILL be maximized. this is coming directly from Naz so anyone who keeps on blaming Heck needs to have a reality check.

And to say that you can turn a blind eye to tickets because it’s not worth anything is irrelevant. All of our main competitors are already WAY above 450m. 

450 is the absolute minimum and we need to hit it by the end of next season basically. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think this is true anymore. They pumped in £500m and looks like they decided enough is enough.

Since Aitaros came in, NSWE didn't put in any of their own cash.

We know PSR, but if they REALLY wanted to pump more money in, There are ways around it. Sawirris could get one of his companies to sponsor Bodymoor Heath for example, or they could do what Chelsea did and sell the training ground to themselves.

Not slating them, it's their money and they are under no obligation to keep putting money in, but I don't think your reading of their intentions is correct.

I can 100 percent categorically confirm that your reading of the situation is incorrect. Let’s see what happens before the end of this financial year before you question the owners intentions. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

I can 100 percent categorically confirm that your reading of the situation is incorrect. Let’s see what happens before the end of this financial year before you question the owners intentions. 

Lol, to 100 percent categorically confirm that my reading of their intentions is incorrect you would need to sit in their heads 😊. Strong statement.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But he hasnt continued to get it wrong according to the owners. Was always whispers they werent happy at times with Purslow. Have heard nothing yet to do with Heck

He is either pretty much just following their orders or they are happy with what he is doing. 

They are as complicit

That's not the way it works, he's given a remit, an aim, increase revenue, and he commits to a figure that he can increase our revenue by. Think it was £100m year on year increase over 2 years. 200m total. 

He will be given certain limitations and then he will be allowed to get on with it until he fails, he messes up consistently with other factors, fans being happiness being one of those factors.

Purslow was backed all the way, it's only when he picked the wrong manager and spent shit loads of money on 3 players, to replace 1, that he got sacked. 

Trying to blame the owners for teething problems in a new ticket system or ticket pricing, blocked toilets, is ridiculous. If it happens over a year and the revenues don't improve, dramatically,  then see what they do with Heck.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Lol, to 100 percent categorically confirm that my reading of their intentions is incorrect you would need to sit in their heads 😊. Strong statement.

And i stand 💯 behind that.

Check my posting history on this thread and you’ll see that I was probably the most anti heck poster on this thread. 

I just happened to come into information that I trust 100 percent and I am sharing here because we all want to understand what’s really going on. 

• Like 2

I don't need a relationship with the owners to enjoy my footy.. at the end of the day I don't know them and I will probably never meet them to say hi.

I've just forked out another £124 for an adult and child ticket to watch Villa, doesn't matter who we are playing cos I'm going to watch Villa.

Do I like paying that much? No I bloody don't.

Who do I blame? Me, cos I have a choice

Who can change it? The owners

Will they? No, because mugs like me are paying it.

Do I blame folk for being pissed off? No I bloody don't 

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Again. Everything NEEDS to be maximised and WILL be maximized. this is coming directly from Naz so anyone who keeps on blaming Heck needs to have a reality check.

And to say that you can turn a blind eye to tickets because it’s not worth anything is irrelevant. All of our main competitors are already WAY above 450m. 

450 is the absolute minimum and we need to hit it by the end of next season basically. 

Yeah but aside from London teams who have a different cost of living, all the northern teams have CL ticket prices significantly less than us.  So not everything needs to be maximised.  

Plus Heck will provide information to Naz (and Wes) and as CEO will be allowed a lot of leeway.  

Heck wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t given a fairly free reign as CEO.  If Naz was too much in the detail, then Heck would’ve walked that’s why Heck gets it in the neck because these changes are Heck’s choices.

So yes you can turn a bit of a blind eye to tickets or you lose some of your base and I think they realise that magical 30,000 waiting list isn’t as strong and not really reality so they are just squeezing fans price wise and it seems it has pushed a nerve in the fan base a little more than they expected.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

That's not the way it works, he's given a remit, an aim, increase revenue, and he commits to a figure that he can increase our revenue by. Think it was £100m year on year increase over 2 years. 200m total. 

He will be given certain limitations and then he will be allowed to get on with it until he fails, he messes up consistently with other factors, fans being happiness being one of those factors.

Purslow was backed all the way, it's only when he picked the wrong manager and spent shit loads of money on 3 players, to replace 1, that he got sacked. 

Trying to blame the owners for teething problems in a new ticket system or ticket pricing, blocked toilets, is ridiculous. If it happens over a year and the revenues don't improve, dramatically,  then see what they do with Heck.

Exactly, they really think Heck would be here as CEO and Naz was sitting on his shoulder day in and day out, it doesn’t work like that.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

This is coming directly from the owners. They have explicitly tasked the commercial side to hit 450m asap. Thats all that matters. 

Heck is just the fall guy if you hadn’t already figured that out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This is coming directly from the owners. They have explicitly tasked the commercial side to hit 450m asap. Thats all that matters. 

I doubt it, it will be a number of targets as it wouldn’t be hit £450m whatever it costs.  It will include hitting £450m but will have things like customer satisfaction along with many other objectives.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I doubt it, it will be a number of targets as it wouldn’t be hit £450m whatever it costs.  It will include hitting £450m but will have things like customer satisfaction along with many other objectives.

I’m telling you what the target is. No one senior at the club really cares about anything else because it’s coming directly from Nas. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’m telling you what the target is. No one senior at the club really cares about anything else because it’s coming directly from Nas. 

Ok if that’s what you’ve heard then I can’t argue but I’ve never worked in a company where a CEO has had a single target only and Nas is a very clever businessman.  So I’ll back out of this discussion because I don’t think you’re lying but I also don’t think that is correct.  It maybe the main goal and somebody has interpreted as it being the only goal but it’s very unlikely.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Our owners set targets for managers and leave them to it, rather simple principle and one that every big business uses. They measure them after a set time or major event, success or fucX up.  It's not that hard to understand, is it?

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Ok if that’s what you’ve heard then I can’t argue but I’ve never worked in a company where a CEO has had a single target only and Nas is a very clever businessman.

Let’s be clear Nas’ only target is to help Unai to win trophies.

Unfortunately, under current regulations very difficult decisions have to be made as to how we make that happen.

So Heck was given a rigid £450m target and failed to get the commercial contracts needed to reach that and is now taking it out on the fans to reach it no matter what? Makes everyone look awful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Sound, don't have a problem with that. I'm glad I could never say that someone's opinion is incorrect though. It's an opinion, not law

If it's an opinion that's contrary to a known fact then you can say it is incorrect. If I said It's my opinion that Marseille is the capital of France you could rightfully say my opinion is incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Our owners set targets for managers and leave them to it, rather simple principle and one that every big business uses. They measure them after a set time or major event, success or fucX up.  It's not that hard to understand, is it?

No. Nas is in the weeds on a daily basis. He was at bloody Wycombe away with a youth team out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So Heck was given a rigid £450m target and failed to get the commercial contracts needed to reach that and is now taking it out on the fans to reach it no matter what? Makes everyone look awful.

No. We have to get to 450m asap through any means necessary. That means fans having to pay more and our commercial sponsors etc etc.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â