The club's relationship with the fans

Risso

59 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Well lets put it this way, do you want to run our owners out of town because the toilets were blocked? Does that seem reasonable? I presume not.

I have no specific criterea at which it is okay to go after the owners, and they are not beyond repproach as I made clear, but I don't think we are anywhere near that stage yet, I think it would take a lot more.

Is that okay? Am I allowed that opinion?

Yeah, but you're calling yours an 'opinion' whilst others are having a moan. Surely you can see that you're creating the ruffling of feathers which others are reacting to.

To the original post - fans have every right to protest however they see fit within the boundaries of the law and within acceptable parameters based on the issue at hand. There has been a bit of disquiet over facilities, ticket prices, handicapped car parking spaces that it wouldn't hurt someone from a country famed for its customer service to actually meet the parameter of good taste and manners and just pretend to give the fans 5 minutes of your time and listen. I've said for years that fans are only there for the atmosphere that they can provide to those millions watching on TV, but if they get pushed away then problems will rise. We won't be riding this wave of relative footballing success forever, and football won't always have sold out stadiums to rely on, but what (to use us as an example) Aston Villa will always have - and other clubs - are people who support them, and more stay away than go, even now. Start losing people because you're too busy, or tired, or less-inclined to engage then its carelessness bordering on recklessness. 

As for fans meeting clubs I've never seen the point to be honest unless you're at the lower end of the footballing pyramid when clubs REALLY need you, but that shouldn't mean clubs higher up the food chain should just disregard the fans.

Just now, thabucks said:

Never felt more connected with the club and loving every minute of being a Villa fan. I  think some just have PTSD after years of being a shit show of a team and club that now we aren’t they need something to moan about and Heck is the obvious outlet. Really don’t give two shits about boardroom decisions right now. If it is making you truly disconnected with the club then I question if it’s just making something else and you’ve just not inmohvw with football as you once were. 

Also Villa talk is not a barometer to how fans are feeling and it’s a microcosm and no way indicative of the wider mood no matter how important you feel you or this place is.

Have you ever been to a game? People are happy with the team and the manager but very much aren’t with the queues, general facilities and ticket prices.

• Like 2

Just now, Risso said:

Have you ever been to a game? People are happy with the team and the manager but very much aren’t with the queues, general facilities and ticket prices.

Yes I’ve been going since 1991 thanks and how about yourself ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Its a farce that a team in the lower leagues has a better relationship with their fans even after being relegated in their first year of ownership having sacked their manager whilst 6th in league 

Just now, thabucks said:

Yes I’ve been going since 1991 thanks 

Fair enough. Your post seemed to indicate the exact opposite. All the people queuing for Arsenal and arguing with stewards, did they seem happy to you?

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So, just because you're having a great time you think disabled fans should just get on with it despite their questions going unanswered? That those not enjoying the long queues and missing kick-off times in those queues should just suck it up because you're happy? There is widespread disatisfaction and whether you feel it personally or not (and I don't necessarily feel it personally) I can see that many people are not happy and their viewpoints carry equal weight to mine, if not more if issues are directly affecting them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

Fair enough. Your post seemed to indicate the exact opposite. All the people queuing for Arsenal and arguing with stewards, did they seem happy to you?

People love to moan and some had valid reason to feel aggrieved, some were no doubt just frustrated at that point in time - rightly so but that isn’t an indication to the general feeling -  it’s just a moment in time … 

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

People love to moan and some had valid reason to feel aggrieved, some were no doubt just frustrated at that point in time - rightly so but that isn’t an indication to the general feeling -  it’s just a moment in time … 

The complaints are much louder and coming from all directions this time.  Journalists and content creators who generally try to stay on the right-side of the club are also highlighting the issues. It’s much more than people having a moan.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve been going since 1990 🏆

I've been going since 1985 children 😂

• Haha 2

Funnily enough I very well remember piss running out of the toilet entrance doors in the old Holte End when my ticket was £5 or whatever.

So not much has changed except the ticket is now £80 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â