The club's relationship with the fans

Risso

Our owners haven't accepted poor performances from any of our management so you can bet that any poor performances will be dealt with but it will be a measured approach.  There's big changes to come that aren't going to please every fan and problems that need addressing but let's be careful not to throw the baby out with the water.

Harking back to Ellis times, who was an owner, doesn't help us at all. Nothing changed under Xia or Lerner, everyone was happy, under the bonnet we was close to not existing as a club, but the ques were short and the prices were B & M type ones, happy days.

Of course people can voice their criticisims, I thought I made that clear, I don't see anywhere I said people couldn't?

I said people like to moan which they do, some crisistism is simply more valid than others, I didn't say any was not valid.

The point I was making is that the general consensus across the fan base isn't always the same as it seems to be on here, where it's more of an echochamber.

So just because a bunch on here are very vocal about certain things, it doesn't mean that is how the broader fan base is feeling.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Of course people can voice their criticisims, I thought I made that clear, I don't see anywhere I said people couldn't?

I said people like to moan which they do, some crisistism is simply more valid than others, I didn't say any was not valid.

The point I was making is that the general consensus across the fan base isn't always the same as it seems to be on here, where it's more of an echochamber.

So just because a bunch on here are very vocal about certain things, it doesn't mean that is how the broader fan base is feeling.

You didn’t say criticism couldn’t be voiced.

You did however say…

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The owners saved us, and have taken us on an incredible journey so far, I think it would be ridiculous to be throwing shade in their direction considering everything they have done for us, I wouldn't bite the hand that has fed us unless there was a really good reason.

So what I am asking is, what type of criticism (“throwing shade”) would you NOT consider “ridiculous” to level at the owners?

Because the tone of this segment of your post very much comes across that people shouldn’t complain unless it meets your criteria.

• Like 2

same as most things, I struggle with blaming the club, they're like a favourite child where I just refuse to believe that its their fault or they can do wrong....

its modern football, villa are just going along for the ride, they're not outliers doing anything that no other club is doing, its all gone to shit

there seems a huge discourse currently with what fans want and what the club want but unlike previous generations - and im guessing here and some of our older heads can call me out on it - the club now seem to have access to new revenue streams and a wider fan base the answer to the problem seems to be to attract a new fanbase

and again, thats nothing that no one else is doing, its not villa that deserve singling out for criticism its the whole footballing industry

i'd be really interested to know what see what newcastle are doing in terms of ticket prices and corporate areas and new badges etc or new saudi arabia themed kits...from what i've seen west ham are every bit as bad as us, the likes of spurs are long gone with their tunnel club and proposed cheese room etc

with no reason or explanation I blame man utd and americans

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You didn’t say criticism couldn’t be voiced.

You did however say…

So what I am asking is, what type of criticism (“throwing shade”) would you NOT consider “ridiculous” to level at the owners?

Because the tone of this segment of your post very much comes across that people shouldn’t complain unless it meets your criteria.

Well lets put it this way, do you want to run our owners out of town because the toilets were blocked? Does that seem reasonable? I presume not.

I have no specific criterea at which it is okay to go after the owners, and they are not beyond repproach as I made clear, but I don't think we are anywhere near that stage yet, I think it would take a lot more.

Is that okay? Am I allowed that opinion?

• Like 1

As if billionaires are going to allow themselves to be run out of town. Accusing people of “hyperbole” then actually deciding to post that. Wow.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Well lets put it this way, do you want to run our owners out of town because the toilets were blocked? Does that seem reasonable? I presume not.

I have no specific criterea at which it is okay to go after the owners, and they are not beyond repproach as I made clear, but I don't think we are anywhere near that stage yet, I think it would take a lot more.

I don't see anybody attempting to 'run our owners out of town', nor is that a thing that can happen. 

Do you think it 'seems reasonable' to complain about blocked toilets and rivers of piss at an event you've paid a lot of money to attend? I do. 

• Like 2

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

Yes, it is ok for you to have that opinion.

No one has said you shouldn’t hold that opinion, have they? People are simply disagreeing with you. They’re not saying you can’t say something.

Also, has anyone suggested they want the owners out for the reasons stated? I haven’t seen that. They are voicing their dissatisfaction with something but not saying “sack the board” or similar, as far as I can see?

• Like 3

There's a broad range of issues and some of them the club could do an awful lot better at, and some of them are going to remain issues because of the obscene wealth and relentless greed in elite football.

They could communicate a hell of a lot better and treat general admission fans with a modicum of basic human decency, if not respect, that's fully within the club's control and they're failing miserably.

The relentless hiking of ticket prices while unexceptional squad players are millionaires will never stop turning my stomach but that's part and parcel of top flight football at this point.

I think at the core of the dissatisfaction, for me at least, is that with each price hike, it forces a reconsideration of whether it's worth it, and the love and passion for a premier league football club becomes quite hard to justify when you give more than a moment's thought to the one-sided loyalty of the parasitic relationship we have with a business.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yes, it is ok for you to have that opinion.

No one has said you shouldn’t hold that opinion, have they? People are simply disagreeing with you. They’re not saying you can’t say something.

Also, has anyone suggested they want the owners out for the reasons stated? I haven’t seen that. They are voicing their dissatisfaction with something but not saying “sack the board” or similar, as far as I can see?

The pile on for not holding the same opinion as the rest of you is enough to prove my point, this thread is about the fans relationship with the board and by extension the owners, suggesting that the fans aren't happy with the board, by extension means they aren't happy with the owners and how they run the club.

I used hyperbole to make the point that one small issue is not enough to be running to the club with pitchforks in hand, that it should take much bigger issues. Maybe I should of tagged it as hyberbole, as some seem to think I was suggesting people wanted to run the owners out of the club, or maybe they are just being facetious.

If Heck continues to get it wrong the owners will get rid.  They will not micro manage his every move, good managers don't need it and he will fall on his sword if he does.

The ground is dated and the prices have to be raised to cover the fact we can't get 60,000 in at £40 a ticket, we have to charge 40000 £60 and our corporate is behind modern standards. 

But the same fans who would argue against moving away from villa park are the first to moan about the problems staying there gives us.

Changes are coming and that isn't going to please every fan and growing pains will be part of those changes.

12 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The pile on for not holding the same opinion as the rest of you is enough to prove my point, this thread is about the fans relationship with the board and by extension the owners, suggesting that the fans aren't happy with the board, by extension means they aren't happy with the owners and how they run the club.

I used hyperbole to make the point that one small issue is not enough to be running to the club with pitchforks in hand, that it should take much bigger issues. Maybe I should of tagged it as hyberbole, as some seem to think I was suggesting people wanted to run the owners out of the club, or maybe they are just being facetious.

Mate, honestly, it's not a "pile on".

You have said something that several people disagree with & most of those several people have responded to you directly to discuss the thing that they disagree with you about, because when @sidcow was a little broader with his response, you had a go at them & accused them of "ignoring several parts" of your points & "going on a hyperbolic rant".

It's not personal & your personal feelings don't prove your point to anybody but you.

And again, Im not trying to be a dick, but honestly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

That is hyperbolic in the extreme.

To be honest, I find the anti-Heck circlejerk on here boring. He's made mistakes sure, but you'd think he was a one man wrecking ball drafted in to destroy the club, rather than just your everyday hard-nosed executive brought in to make more money.

I have sympathy with fans being priced out, but understand the need for the club to up its revenues, raising ticket prices is never going to be popular no matter how good things may be on the pitch.

The owners saved us, and have taken us on an incredible journey so far, I think it would be ridiculous to be throwing shade in their direction considering everything they have done for us, I wouldn't bite the hand that has fed us unless there was a really good reason.

I get people aren't happy with some things, and plenty are very vocal about it which is fine, but things change, football is changing constantly, and we need to change as well, you just have to mind that those changes are for the better.

We are here to hold the club to account, the club is not perfect, as such there will always be complaints. Those complaints always seem louder on places like this.

Also, some people just love a good moan, I thought it was just a British thing, but judging by the international nature of this place and the level of moaning, it's clearly a global thing.

I genuinely think a set of fans who feel one way, wrongly assume that their feelings mirror the whole fanbase.

A lot of fans are the happiest they've ever been as well. Lol

Being louder and more visible doesn't automatically = majority.

Getting angry at fans who don't echo their sentiment word for word doesn't change that either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never felt more connected with the club and loving every minute of being a Villa fan. I  think some just have PTSD after years of being a shit show of a team and club that now we aren’t they need something to moan about and Heck is the obvious outlet. Really don’t give two shits about boardroom decisions right now. If it is making you truly disconnected with the club then I question if it’s just masking  something else and you’ve just not in love with football as you once were. 

Also Villa talk is not a barometer to how fans are feeling and it’s a microcosm and no way indicative of the wider mood no matter how important you feel you or this place is.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â