League Cup - 4th Round Draw

Kingman

If we draw one of the struggling Championship sides at home they should make tickets available for free to season ticket holders (of which I am not one) and 20 quid for everyone else.

At least generate a bit of atmosphere and give the inevitable second string a bit of support.

Last thing we want is a repeat of Everton at home last year.

Disclaimer: I know there's not a chance in a million years Heck would go with a suggestion like this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

me and my mate went there in the League Cup (Upton Park) got knocked out and then reinstated and had to replay the game

Been reading up about that match, it seems mental now in 2024 but the clubs had to rely on players telling them whether they were cup tied or not and hope that it was in fact the case….reading an old article we could have been disadvantaged by it as carbone wanted to play a game but had already had a few minutes for a previous team in competition

57 minutes ago, dubliner said:

If we draw one of the struggling Championship sides at home they should make tickets available for free to season ticket holders (of which I am not one) and 20 quid for everyone else.

Disclaimer: I know there's not a chance in a million years Heck would go with a suggestion like this

All you'll get from him is an email asking whether you boil or roast your socks.

• Haha 2

I don't want a middling game. Either something very easy or something which means we'll get knocked out. 

Doesn't seem like we're taking it seriously and it would be good to stumble through until Emery decides it's worth being serious, or just go out now and have less games to have to plan for. 

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

me and my mate went there in the League Cup (Upton Park) got knocked out and then reinstated and had to replay the game

Read this a few times thinking why did the game get replayed because you and your mate got battered by the ICF and then remembered they played an illegible player 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Hopefully Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Southampton or Leicester at home. More games for our back up players to keep them fresh and a chance of progressing the the 5th round - a few games away from a final. 

4 hours ago, dubliner said:

At least generate a bit of atmosphere and give the inevitable second string a bit of support.

Last thing we want is a repeat of Everton at home last year.

League cup tickets for any home game bar playing one of the top 4 would be pretty cheap I reckon, 20-30 quid range. I know what's happened the last few weeks but last year the Chelsea cup replay was priced in that bracket when they could've charged more so even Heck has his limits on amount he fleeces from every home game so that will likely be the cheapest home game of the season if we get a VP tie tonight.

• Like 1