Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/24 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I thought he was horrendous tbh. 

Of course you did it’s trendy at the moment. He made errors but no more than anyone else on the pitch many with far more experience than him.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I've never understood it. The guy has worked hard every time he plays, is clearly liked by the manager and his teammates, and has won us crucial points on numerous occasions. As you say, he was all set to hit the ground running last season and then suffered a cruel blow, you'd think people would feel sympathy. 

As best I can tell the issue is he gives the ball away quite a bit, something that clearly happens largely because he's given the licence to try the difficult final pass. 

I wouldn't begin to even try and understand it. Delighted he scored, as any Villa fan should be.

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

Of course you did it’s trendy at the moment. He made errors but no more than anyone else on the pitch many with far more experience than him.

It's got FA to do with being trendy. It's an opinion. Just like I thought Swinkels looked far more assured at the back.

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ned belying his age. Bogarde(motm), looking a much better centre - half than right - back. Nice to see the youngsters playing the Villa way. It certainly wasn't pretty but it will do, all things considered.

I too gave Bogarde the nod……showed composure on the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I think we're all in agreement that was pretty horrific all round. There are a mixture of theories as to why that is.

However, I'm very confused by why so much hatred towards Buendia in the match thread.

He was better than most of our players in the first half, low bar that it was, and then scored a technically good goal and was given MOTM.

Why do so many of you dislike him?!

We've seen players improve under Emery and Emi has played only a fraction of the time he's been here. He was on fire in the last preseason and then had an horrific injury.

Villa fans are a weird bunch sometimes.

Probably just wisest to stay away from the match thread. It is not a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Never kick a “gift horse” in the mouth.

it was a trophy we was happy to win not so long back….and sowed so many happy memories…..Tell Ron Atkinson and Brian Little it’s tinpot….it’s a trophy to win.

I get that champions league has turned a few heads, but we have not progressed enough to turn our noses up at this competition.

God forbid we should end up with a " Sky six scum" mentality. Especially when you consider how many on here have been so critical of that very mentality. No - one likes hypocrisy, TRO.😉

• Like 2

Got the job done. Through to the next round, nothing else matters. I gave Buendia man of the match because he kept trying and it was good to see him score a goal and it wasn't an easy chance to take. Thought our defence looked a bit dodgy but oh well. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â