Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/24 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

The sole purpose of this cup is for our youth to have a run out. Progression or not seems to be genuinely meaningless 

Kind of why I think people are crazy to put a cup ahead of 4th for me. Nobody really cares too much about this competition, even Wycombe put a chunk of their main 11 on the bench. Doesn't feel worth winning for me if it has any impact on CL or Prem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Job done, not an easy watch but it was never going to be easy and we came out of it with no injuries,tf. Some of our senior players got some minutes under their belts, Buendia scored, happy days. When's the draw for the next round? 

Just now, tinker said:

Job done, not an easy watch but it was never going to be easy and we came out of it with no injuries,tf. Some of our senior players got some minutes under their belts, Buendia scored, happy days. When's the draw for the next round? 

Tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thought Bogarde played well at CB alongside an inexperienced guy.  Thought he took initiative and led the line well until 93m 45s. 

Nice for Eminto get a goal, but looks rusty obviously.

Thought Barkley tried some stuff that didn't pay off, but was largely the experienced pro we needed him to be.

Gauci looks quite good I think, nice and calm with the ball.

K Young looks raw, but pacey.

Russian named guy looked shaky without the ball, but ok with it.

Maatsen looked alright, but not as effective as Digne at the moment.

Everyone else was 6/10

I also thought Barkley did well with so much inexperience around him. He was always the calm presence to ease the pressure. I voted him MOTM, though, admittedly, I only watched the first 30 and the last 20 mins. So maybe he shat his pants in the time I missed.

• Like 2

The league cup is a bit tinpot these days, but look what the goal meant to Buendia. It's still a worthwhile competition IMO even if the big sides take the piss in the lower rounds

That was terrible. Our U12s with a few backups vs their reserves & barely one of our players got a 5/10 in my opinion.

You can half understand why we played so poor, with players getting used to each other, but it's not like Wycombe didn't have a similar issue.

I thought Swinkels was the best of a bad bunch.

On the bright side, the question about replacing Watkins with Duran has been answered. But more importantly, a fair few youngsters got a runout. None of them are anywhere near the first team ready for a Champions League standard club, but the more they can play, the more reliable they will become if we ever need to call on them. And worst case, for valuation when we decide to sell half of them.

Either way, that was a poor game & I don't feel like I deserve a beer after that one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

MOTM for me is ... the English Football League. You don't know how good you've got it. Really cool to hear about a third-tier club holding its for a while against an Premier League giant. Wish we had a structure like that over here in Trumpland.

Hear hear. We won't know what we've got 'til it's gone. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â