Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/24 at 22:59

I saw only the last 25 minutes. It didn't make me regret missing the rest of the match.

A bit worrisome that they had more corners and shots on target than we did, but it was pretty clear that most of our players weren't trying very hard.

I liked the look of the little blonde centre mid. Who was he? I liked his tenacity and turn of pace. Reminded me of Barry Bannan and the good old days of circling the drain.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The aim was to get through while playing the weakest possible side and doing so in second gear, and we just about managed it, so Emery gets a 'good'. It's very disappointing we needed to resort to cheating to do so, so while the ref otherwise had a decent night he was hoodwinked for the penalty and he gets an 'average'. 

We learned nothing at all, except that Duran might be our penalty taker if and when he's on the pitch. 

Emi played well and remains the most surprisingly accomplished header of the ball in English football. It was nice to see him back and clearly an emotional and proud night for him, great to see a player who can really make a difference making his return. 

Nice for the kids to get a run out, most didn't do much to shout about but Borland and Swinkels had their moments (though the latter tired badly towards the end). 

Job done, on to Ipswich. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â