Match Thread: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Razor said:

This is just highlighting our lack of depth compared to our rivals, i feel like one or two injuries in defence could destroy our season, shame we couldn't get another CB & RB in the summer but hopefully we have something lined up for January

I don’t think it’s that extreme. We have 4 premier league level CBs, none of whom are playing or on the bench. 

Question for anyone who often watches the kids, do our academy teams try to model their approach to how the first team play, so there's a natural progression, or do they all just do their own thing?

I know we've got s very different team out, but you can see why Unai targeted and signed Torres. We keep the ball very deep and he's able to pick out a pass and create. Nobody else at the back can

Just now, sidcow said:

We are very static and not showing for the ball enough. Looks like they thought they only had to show up and win. 

Wycombe are having to work for it though. They’ll fall apart after about 60-70 mins

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Question for anyone who often watches the kids, do our academy teams try to model their approach to how the first team play, so there's a natural progression, or do they all just do their own thing?

Yes, the coaching appointments have been specifically made with this in mind

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Feel bad making my wife watch this when we could just be watching Celebrity Masterchef 

Hate to break it to you but that finished last week. Mind it does make better viewing that this so far.