Match Thread: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

The GK didn't touch him and he was clearly dragging his foot looking for contact, but after seeing the replay I do think that the trailing defender caught his heel.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not sure it's any better in the Prem; they'd just review it with VAR and let it stand.

He's been off all game. Can't seem to read the game or be able to judge fouls, anywhere on the pitch. Like the Duran one looked a dive without even looking at a replay

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We were winning anyway, but cheating to finish off a tie like this is **** embarrassing.

against Wycombe in the Carabou Cup? I'm not feeling that embarrassed

Just now, supermon said:

Who is the industrious little man in the middle, impressive

Yeah, Borland has looked tidy.

To be fair, the youngsters have generally done alright.  It's just been slow and unexciting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

The GK didn't touch him and he was clearly dragging his foot looking for contact, but after seeing the replay I do think that the trailing defender caught his heel.

That's what it looked like to me, you could see Duran's ankle twisting when he planted his foot.  Still don't think it was a penalty mind you.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Just now, andym said:

Maatsen has been a disgrace tonight - sloppy touch there then turning his back and making zero effort to block the ball across

Worst on the pitch.  He's been awful.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Can we have an away draw please, I'm skint.

I kind of want to see it at home just to see what the nutters at VP think a sensible pricing strategy would be for it.

• Haha 1