Match Thread: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Just now, Spoony said:

Some poor passing so far. All a bit nonchalant. Suppose it’s also a bit tricky to be motivated when your manager has also basically admitted this is bottom priority. 

The way I see it. Looks like we're a bit casual this game.

Just now, Davkaus said:

If a squad of this sort of level can't get through, we probably don't want the extra game tbh, this needs to be a competition to give minutes to lesser used players, not one adding more minutes to players stretched between the CL and PL.

I know. And I know that's the right decision in my head, but realistically we've got two chances to win a trophy this year, and this is one of them. I'm dying for us to get a trophy.

• Like 1

It’s a really inexperienced back line and it’s starting to show. 

Having said that the experience in midfield hasn’t exactly been great. 

WW look the more likely at the moment. 

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

The lack of real experience in defence just halting our attacking threat so far. Trying to play out but very little quality there. 

If the two senior pros in front of them would pull their **** finger out and give them options, maybe it'd go better

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I know. And I know that's the right decision in my head, but realistically we've got two chances to win a trophy this year, and this is one of them. I'm dying for us to get a trophy.

Champion's League?

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If a squad of this sort of level can't get through, we probably don't want the extra game tbh, this needs to be a competition to give minutes to lesser used players, not one adding more minutes to players stretched between the CL and PL.

Our squad is MUCH better this season.

However for balance... Chelsea have the likes of João Felix, Nkunku, Neto, Mudryk and Badiashile in their " weakened " cup team.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Hobsons Choice said:

realistically we've got two chances to win a trophy this year, and this is one of them. I'm dying for us to get a trophy.

Champions League and Premier League double?