Match Thread: LC3: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

With all the youth on the pitch Barkley has been the worst player. 

I’m sure Unai will have a word and sort this out. 

Only senior player on the bench is JJ. 

But that would make a front three of Bailey Duran JJ. Which should do a job. 

Disjointed, clearly not played together much. It'd be a different story the same players coming into the first eleven. That way they're getting swapped into a well oiled machine where all the other parts work perfectly. As it stands they're all trying to find a way into the game at the same time and are all making everyone else unsure...

No super quick fix for that, a few need to step up and drag the rest up with them...

Barkley and Onana will both play really well with Tielemans, but not so well as a pair. 

Plus both of them will be competing with Kamara when he's back.

With McGinn out for a few weeks, we need to wrap Tielemans in cotton wool.

We miss having both Luiz and Tielemans - when we did, one of them would have played tonight.

Buendia looks rustier than me on a speed dating night, Bailey has been hit and miss, Young has been bright but seems a little disconnected from the rest of the team and Duran is trying a bit too hard.

I still reckon we'll win - even though we have only really got one regular player on the bench.

Broggio with a late winner.

• Like 2

Just now, YLN said:

I haven't seen much of Barkley this season, but this rings a bell from what I remember 

He's been bloody good in the league, especially this weekend. But yeah, this looks far more reminiscent of his first spell.

Also people need to chill out about mistakes, they're going to happen. Especially with young players or those who aren't in tune with the system. Better than us resorting to old of kicking it to nowhere all the time. 

• Like 1

Senior players just don't care

Judging by the bench I don't think Unai is that bothered either 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

Barkley and Onana should be running this and getting Buendia, Bailey and Duran in the game. Enough quality there with Maatsen down the left to be doing more here. Not sure about Bogarde and Young. 

• Like 1

It's a mixture of youth, senior players not taking the game seriously, and a player who hasn't started since may 2023.

For Wycombe this could be one of the highlights of their season so they are all giving 110%

Calling people out for playing crap in an isolated half of football isn't scapegoating anyone.

We're still going to win as we have the firepower and fitness and quality. This game will long be forgotten and nobody cares enough to scapegoat anyone....but guess what, all our senior players have been utter shit!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Duran, Bailey?

Bailey ok in glimpses but more than likely more trying not to get injured

Duran showing why Ollie starts rather than him, Duran scored but Ollie contributes way more in general play 

Yeah pretty much as expected 

• Like 1

So Gauchi misjudges a cross and escapes with a corner.

Barkley plays a weak ball back that isn't seized upon.

Bogarde has been horrific.

Bailey hasn't been able to trap a ball or beat a player yet.

Onana has fouled more players than he's made successful passes.

Duran has taken several poor shots.

Buendia has been crowded out constantly but equally looks a little rusty after so long out.

VillaTalk conclusion; Buendia awful. And point deduction for Everton?! Why is Buendia suddenly the scapegoat?!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

There's a few who think they just need to turn up, i feel another bollocking coming.

We're not even playing Wycombes best team

Similar to what I was saying.

We aren't showing them any respect, but in a bad way.

Almost taking the piss with the effort.

Unfortunately,.we simply seem to be playing to the priority of the game 

Not all of them OBS.

It was naturally going to be a bit disjointed as it's not a regular team but the players on there are surely capable of better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

But that would make a front three of Bailey Duran JJ. Which should do a job. 

I think we'd be more likely to see JJ on for Buendia and leave the front three as it is - I think Broggio will come on for Young late on.