Weekends Football 20/22 Sep

andykeenan

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

So he dived?

Embellishing a foul isn't a dive, no, is this the first premier league game you've watched since time travelling from the 70s?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

West Ham look so poor in defence, but I'll be surprised if Chelsea aren't in the top four this season. The amount of quality they have throughout their squad is insane. 

They've had a fairly easy start, so hard to make any judgements yet, IMO. They've beaten Wolves and Bournemouth, drawn with Palace and lost to Man City. West Ham are a complete mess at the back so I don't put too much weight on this score line.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

spacer.png

Why did his legs give way because the Chelsea player is holding his arm? 🤔

Because he was running, leaned forward and the Chelsea player was running slower in a slightly sideways direction holding him back and slowing him down. When he releases his arm he falls over. Sure there is a physics term for it.

West Ham defenders very much in “after you, Claude “ mode today. In general they have look of a team who maybe don’t want to play for their current manager. Early days but the WHU fans might soon be pining for Moyes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Lopetegui could get the boot before Dyche.

I was just wondering what odds you'd get on him being the first manager to be sacked!
West Ham players are giving strong vibes of not knowing what they're supposed to be doing/not being fully committed to Lopetegui's style of play. I mean, his CV is pretty mediocre so I think West Ham fans were a bit deluded if they thought he'd have them bridging the gap to the top six/seven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I was just wondering what odds you'd get on him being the first manager to be sacked!
West Ham players are giving strong vibes of not knowing what they're supposed to be doing/not being fully committed to Lopetegui's style of play. I mean, his CV is pretty mediocre so I think West Ham fans were a bit deluded if they thought he'd have them bridging the gap to the top six/seven.

WHU fans seemed quite optimistic at the start of the season with Lopetegui coming in and a few new signings but they look very much bottom half/relegation material so far.

Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta (when he can be bothered) could play for better teams, Areola as well, possibly a few others. I doubt Chelsea will have many easier games this season than today.

11 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

WHU fans seemed quite optimistic at the start of the season with Lopetegui coming in and a few new signings but they look very much bottom half/relegation material so far.

Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta (when he can be bothered) could play for better teams, Areola as well, possibly a few others. I doubt Chelsea will have many easier games this season than today.

Yep, good attacking talent, mediocre midfield and defence (Todibo may improve them at the back, I guess.) .

29 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

West Ham... embarrassing. How do you end up 3v1 off your own corner. 

I remember the classic Villa of Micah and Lescott conceded a goal to Arsenal when I think 3 players vs Guzan

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yep, good attacking talent, mediocre midfield and defence (Todibo may improve them at the back, I guess.) .

He cant get a game in a poor defence so far

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bayern scored 5 again

At least no kane hat trick this time

They still havent played a decent side yet. Think played one team that finished top half last season and that was barely

3 hours ago, AJG23 said:

Lopetegui following Moyes was a very weird appointment. Potter would do o.k with that squad so could be a mid season hire.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â