Weekends Football 20/22 Sep

andykeenan

Just now, duke313 said:

They’re going to be knocking on the door for top 4 though, or so I was told.

They're going to need to sign Stretch Armstrong to reach the door from where they end up

• Haha 1

Yeh I think that was a pen. 

Cant just stop people by holding there arm. 

Don't matter if he goes down or not Andy Townsend ffs. 

Edited by KAZZAM

So because they don't want to overrule the on field decision, even though it was a blatant penalty, what was the point of VAR checking 🤣

You're allowed to foul a player as long as you're holding their hand.

Just like how you can score if offside miles behind a defence if they try to intercept the ball (Man City away).

Or how you can get a penalty for standing on a defenders ankle. (Man Utd home).

Come on guys it's in the rules. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

They're "backing the onfield decision" more so it's basically legalised corruption like clear and obvious which means they can step in when they like.....or not.

Yep! 100% pretty much my view on this new ruling. If they was Chelsea it would have been a penalty 

I dont know why a manager doesnt take his players off the pitch to highlight the corruption

I still think we should have done in that City game when rules made up on the spot

• Like 2

Ref saw the foul live and determined none. VAR is just there to determine if he made a clear error. I would be pissed if the ref let that go but then VAR overruled. 

If that's not worth correcting, are we at the point where they'll only jump in if the ref didn't see it or gets something factually wrong?

Or is that just for this game, because they seem to be making it up as they go along

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Ref saw the foul live and determined none. VAR is just there to determine if he made a clear error. I would be pissed if the ref let that go but then VAR overruled. 

The ref did make a clear error.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

If a trained ref gets a clear view of that and thinks it's not a foul, they need volleying in the jaw.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â