• Rogers
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Digne 45)
    • Maatsen (McGinn 45)
    • Durán (Ramsey 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 23/09/24 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

That's Cunha, he was begging for a yellow card for most of the game until he finally got one, not sure what went on with our bench but he seems a sore loser, so a bit of nothing I'm imagine 

I don't think I've met a competitive sports person whose not a "Sore loser." I think many of us on here would have been pretty sore had we lost that game .

• Like 1

Usually feel we can come back these days but had my doubts given how poor and lethargic we were first half .  You could see it coming as the second half went on though.

When I saw Diego was playing I wondered to myself how long it would take him to play one of his regular suicide passes into midfield.  Sure enough, there it was after about 25 minutes, and this time Emi couldn't bail him out like he did on Tuesday.  Did it again second half but further up the field so less danger.  Careless Carlos.  How many times is he going to keep playing that pass before Emi gives him a kick up the jacksy?

Otherwise another good come back, and great subs from Unai.  I was calling for him to get Rogers off at half time as he'd been really poor, and he ends up with two assists. Shows what I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't think I've met a competitive sports person whose not a "Sore loser." I think many of us on here would have been pretty sore had we lost that game .

Professionals usually find a better way to channel the frustration of losing than the nonsense he went for, I don't expect him to like it, I do expect him to not be a complete spunk trumpet, but each to their own.

The ref looked out of his depth to me.  Gave an early foul for a shoulder to shoulder against Digne and seemed to decide that football is no longer a contact sport for a while.  Bottled a second yellow for Ait-Nouri when he decked Bailey, was weak in punishing their time wasting, and his foul decisions were massively inconsistent.  I think he pissed both sets of fans off which is a sure sign of a clown.  

I thought Rogers would win the vote today - he was almost unplayable in the second half and we looked like scoring every time we got the ball to him.  He'd been pretty average (poor by his high standards) in the first half.  Hopefully with a couple of assists to his name he'll relax a bit and continue how he played in the first half.  But I gave MOTM to Duran - bringing him on changed everything.  Ollie started getting more space.  The whole team looked to get a burst more energy.  His determination to win the loose ball brought about the equaliser and from then on there was only one team on the pitch.  An excellent goal to round it off too and it was great to see the celebration with Rogers and his other teammates.  He's starting to look like one of the team.  But his all round contribution was great - towards the end he dropped deep to make space for a pass, collected the ball and then played it back to Emi to recycle play and waste some time.  One of those things that showed someone who was playing for the team rather than himself and was listening and learning to what he's being told.  And so good to see that we CAN play with two strikers and make it work.

4 minutes ago, allani said:

I thought Rogers would win the vote today - he was almost unplayable in the second half and we looked like scoring every time we got the ball to him.  He'd been pretty average (poor by his high standards) in the first half.  Hopefully with a couple of assists to his name he'll relax a bit and continue how he played in the first half.  But I gave MOTM to Duran - bringing him on changed everything.  Ollie started getting more space.  The whole team looked to get a burst more energy.  His determination to win the loose ball brought about the equaliser and from then on there was only one team on the pitch.  An excellent goal to round it off too and it was great to see the celebration with Rogers and his other teammates.  He's starting to look like one of the team.  But his all round contribution was great - towards the end he dropped deep to make space for a pass, collected the ball and then played it back to Emi to recycle play and waste some time.  One of those things that showed someone who was playing for the team rather than himself and was listening and learning to what he's being told.  And so good to see that we CAN play with two strikers and make it work.

Every players performance changed once the second half subs were made, I thought Youri was having a poor game second half but once the changes change he was everywhere, as we Rodgers. It’s absolutely fantastic seeing the options we have, and lets not forget if we get a a 90% mings back and emi, and a 90% Kamara back I think we will really first up second half of the season. Let;s just keep with the pack for now and then push on later 

• Like 1

I had this down as a 1-1 back down to earth match before.  But at half-time I was pretty convinced that if we equalised we would go on and win.  I can't remember EVER feeling like this.  That's 6 points gained out of 9 when we have fallen behind this season.  And 12 points out of 12 when we've taken the lead (15 out of 15 if you include the CL match).  That's seriously impressive stuff.

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Every players performance changed once the second half subs were made, I thought Youri was having a poor game second half but once the changes change he was everywhere, as we Rodgers. It’s absolutely fantastic seeing the options we have, and lets not forget if we get a a 90% mings back and emi, and a 90% Kamara back I think we will really first up second half of the season. Let;s just keep with the pack for now and then push on later 

If keeping with the pack means being 3rd then I am all for it!!! 😉🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

I had this down as a 1-1 back down to earth match before.  But at half-time I was pretty convinced that if we equalised we would go on and win.  I can't remember EVER feeling like this.  That's 6 points gained out of 9 when we have fallen behind this season.  And 12 points out of 12 when we've taken the lead (15 out of 15 if you include the CL match).  That's seriously impressive stuff.

I called a 2-1 in pre match but never thought we were out of it, we just got this mentality now that we will score. Umami’s emotional intelligence is so high, its next level, his post match interview, he said it was his worst 45 minutes at home. He is so in touch with what’s going on and with the fans, unreal 

• Like 1

When we started to press their defence fell apart. So far off it first half though, its a worry. The game passed Ramsey and Rogers by , second to the ball and tbh generally poor, first half. 

The ref, when one of our players was injured, being fouled, and a free kick given, why does the fouled and injured player get sent off to recover? It happened with Bailey and Lucas, both sent off to recover after being fouled, the ref is handing the opposition an advantage, it's wrong, the ref was horrendous in a number of ways but this is a straight  forward error and should be highlighted.

Got the win even though we only turned up for half the match. Slow start and Carlos is a liability at the moment. We haven't really sorted out the right hand side even when Cash is fit. I am also not sure if Ramsey can play alongside Rogers. The midfield didn't really start to work until Barkley came on again. Last two home games we have conded 3 without Barkley and scored 6 with him on the pitch. Ref was poor did not manage  the game well. Wolves are a dour negative side but along with Everton will probably just stay up ahead of the 3 promoted sides. Good to have the Bartons back up and running but could have done without the deluge after the match.  Bring on Wycombe.

The last time Sam Johnstone played in goal at Villa Park...

His team scored first.

He wasted as much time as possible.

We scored three late goals.

John Duran scored.

Sam Johnstone lost 3-1.

Seeya next year Sam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â