• Rogers
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Digne 45)
    • Maatsen (McGinn 45)
    • Durán (Ramsey 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 23/09/24 at 22:59

Fantastic second half. Barkley instrumental to that win. Really like Maatsen too. What a squad we have. Get Mings and Kamara back for and ride our luck with injuries and I can see this being a better season than last. 

Starting with the negative, we were appalling for 60/65 minutes today and probably the worst I’ve seen us under Emery. Really dire.

However, we now have such weapons on the bench that we can really turn a game on it’s head. This isn’t luck or a bad thing, but what elite teams have been doing for years. The five subs are there to be used and our squad has been significantly improved over the summer. The rewards now evident.

12 points from 15 is a fantastic start and now we can rest a few players this week and utilise the squad. 

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

people need to calm down. Even if we don't start games well as long as we remain in them we have a great chance of winning. The reason for this is our bench. All our league wins have basically been a result of our bench.

Indeed, the bed wetters were out in force in the match thread "excercising their right to free speech". Embarrassing.

Great job from the lads for an easy win in the end.

Their goal was caused by Diego Carlos really, which is a direct result of us not having a right back that can either start ahead of/or put pressure on cash to start, so Konsa is the best option there and therefore we’re stuck at CB

Edited by alreadyexists

Well now, the only thing worse than the first half and the weather was the number of empty seats in very visible blocks in Upper Trinity and Upper DE.

Embarrassing for a derby at 3pm on a Saturday. What you doing wrong marketing team... greed probably has summat to do with it...

Much much better 2nd half, never in doubt once we got one back.

I'd rather see Neds at right back with Konsa and Pau in middle.

It's very good that we can win dirty, scrappy games.

Shocking booing at half time whistle.

Nice tribute to Gary Shaw, even the dingles joined in... 

• Like 3

Just now, TDR V2 said:

Well now, the only thing worse than the first half and the weather was the number of empty seats in very visible blocks in Upper Trinity and Upper DE.

Embarrassing for a derby at 3pm on a Saturday. What you doing wrong marketing team... greed probably has summat to do with it.

Too many GA+ seats that nobody wants. 

Plus even standard seats in Trinity and Doug Ellis were £72-78!

• Like 2

Thought Unai got the team wrong today but the subs changed the game again. After about 70 mins I thought we had looked very poor and nothing was coming off and it looked like it might be a bad day at the office, but once we equalised there was only one winner and Wolves self destructed after looking the far better side for two thirds of the game. 

Once again Duran and Ollie looked fine together and we have to start playing Duran from the start because he’s unbelievable. Barkley and Maatsen were also both very good and changed the game in our favour and it was good to see Bailey back. I thought Ramsey was poor today and Rogers up until 70 mins was not having his best game but fair play to Unai for keeping him on because his two assists helped us get the win. He was very unselfish for Duran’s goal.

I’m sure there’ll be heavy rotation against Wycombe but against Ipswich I’d like to see:

Martinez

Nedejlkovic Konsa Torres Maatsen

Bailey Onana Tielemans Rogers

Duran Watkins 

Edited by Leeroy

51 minutes ago, Spoony said:

lol why has no one else liked your post. Exactly this. It’s not ideal when we go down but everyone shits themselves when we do. It’s like everyone forgets a football game is actually 90 minutes (ish) long. 

A couple good seasons are not enough to change hundreds of years' worth of misery.

21 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Starting with the negative, we were appalling for 60/65 minutes today and probably the worst I’ve seen us under Emery. Really dire.

However, we now have such weapons on the bench that we can really turn a game on it’s head. This isn’t luck or a bad thing, but what elite teams have been doing for years. The five subs are there to be used and our squad has been significantly improved over the summer. The rewards now evident.

12 points from 15 is a fantastic start and now we can rest a few players this week and utilise the squad. 

Not sure how much a win is worth or not having anxiety in the last 20 minutes of a game, but I'm pretty sure the purchase price and weekly wages of Ross Barkley are less than the going price for either, much less both.

I rate his contributions that highly and the freedom he gives so many other players to excel.

Edited by 479Villan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Their number 10 is an absolute knob - what was going on with him arguing with our bench late on?

That's Cunha, he was begging for a yellow card for most of the game until he finally got one, not sure what went on with our bench but he seems a sore loser, so a bit of nothing I'm imagine 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â