• Rogers
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Digne 45)
    • Maatsen (McGinn 45)
    • Durán (Ramsey 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 23/09/24 at 22:59

48 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

people need to calm down. Even if we don't start games well as long as we remain in them we have a great chance of winning. The reason for this is our bench. All our league wins have basically been a result of our bench.

lol why has no one else liked your post. Exactly this. It’s not ideal when we go down but everyone shits themselves when we do. It’s like everyone forgets a football game is actually 90 minutes (ish) long. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TomC said:

We should have solved the right back problem in the offseason. If Konsa were playing CB, the Wolves goal would have never happened. If Ned and Bogarde aren’t ready, they should have brought someone else in. And even if they didn’t want/couldn’t afford to spend the big cash, they could have brought in a veteran like Ashley Young a few years ago (not Ashley himself!) to cover for Cash.

Are you of the opinion they didn't try to bring in someone? 

Or that Unai wanted a veteran right back and the club said no? 

Or, Unai wanted things as they are so that's how things are?

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Are you of the opinion they didn't try to bring in someone? 

Or that Unai wanted a veteran right back and the club said no? 

Or, Unai wanted things as they are so that's how things are?

I don't follow the transfer market and rumours as closely as some, so I'm not going to pretend to know.

That said, while we heard lots about Geertruida, I don't remember hearing anything about other options who might have backed up Cash instead of replacing him.

Seeing that one L in the league table  (esp when I recall ollie's cow's arse/banjo moments in that game) makes me a bit wistful but....can't have it all I spose.

Great comeback in the end 

Gave Tielemans MOTM, thought he was good all game. Barkley was the reason we won though, stamped his authority on the game and got us ticking. 

Edited by WHY

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

great in the 2nd half and a great 3 points...

a very apt time to resurrect this 🤣

spacer.png

the bloke on the left reminds me of.....

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

people need to calm down. Even if we don't start games well as long as we remain in them we have a great chance of winning. The reason for this is our bench. All our league wins have basically been a result of our bench.

Posted the same at half time. Just knew we would score. This team is never down. We won't always win from behind, but we will always have chances to change it, and more often than not we'll take them. It's taken me a while to appreciate this though, a few decades of Villa not being that team is quite hard to shake off. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, imavillan said:

great in the 2nd half and a great 3 points...

a very apt time to resurrect this 🤣

spacer.png

They’re so in-bred they don’t even know what they’re saying. They’re like a deaf Dalmatian 😂 

First half didn’t work, we now have the manager, the squad and the mentality that we can turn a game on its head within 45 minutes. Not for the first time this season.

The change in mentality is the significant issue here, we are a different team now, we can dig out a result without drowning in self doubt. Trust the game plan, trust each other. We have another elite club trait. 

We are solidly and convincingly at the top end of the table at game week 5, and we all know the result against Arsenal went against us but the performance didn’t.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

That 0.99 xG is why xG is a BS stat. 

Duran had a completely open goal, Konsa had a shot inside the 6 yard box. That's like 1.5 xG there. 

Spot on, I stopped wasting time on it after that Liverpool game when we scored 7 and missed another handful of sitters, but our XG was 3 

I realised that day that XG was a load of nonsense 

Just in the car on the way back home - What a game that was! We were SO poor at times but those last 15 minutes were cracking! Was brilliant to silence the smug Wolves fans. Carlos needs to never ever pull on a Villa shirt again. The atmosphere was brilliant. Special mention that the new club shop is ace and I love that they’ve made it easier to see the players come in off the coach and into the ground. Brilliant experience today - love this club so much. 

• Like 2

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Just in the car on the way back home - What a game that was! We were SO poor at times but those last 15 minutes were cracking! Was brilliant to silence the smug Wolves fans. Carlos needs to never ever pull on a Villa shirt again. The atmosphere was brilliant. Special mention that the new club shop is ace and I love that they’ve made it easier to see the players come in off the coach and into the ground. Brilliant experience today - love this club so much. 

Aren't you 100% on wins when you go?

You should go to every game ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â