• Rogers
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Digne 45)
    • Maatsen (McGinn 45)
    • Durán (Ramsey 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 23/09/24 at 22:59

33 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

what a complete dick head this bloke is

i can only hope he's getting shed loads of grief...the knob

PS; i know it's early days and there's a long way to go but it would be nice to have that one about the Villa going down rammed down his gob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Barkley, safe, solid, changed the tempo in midfield by safe possession under pressure and nice passes to outlets

He has developed an uncanny ability to control the tempo. When he gets the ball, things happen when he wants them to happen and no sooner.

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

He has developed an uncanny ability to control the tempo. When he gets the ball, things happen when he wants them to happen and no sooner.

uncanny is the right word.  He has to do a lot to win me over after his last "contribution" at Villa, but he has been excellent at changing the tempo, dynamic, and direction in the midfield.  

• Like 1

Really quite awful until all the subs on but then much better. Great comeback yet again, some mentality in the squad. 

Boss Barkley is **** class btw, voted him MOTM. 

Up until Emery came along, we were that team - playing a good half of football, getting a lead, trying to hang on, and failing. Almost feel sorry for them hahahahahaaa

Well done to Unai for engineering a fantastic comeback but I feel that he was kind of responsible for us being in that situation by not rotating a few. 

Wonderful win though. We certainly owe them a few of those.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

like everyone else, I'm delighted with the match, but I don't understand why Unai doesn't seem to trust Ned at R back.  I would much rather have him there and keep Carlos off the pitch.  Some have suggested that Unai is planning to play Kamara at R back and that may be, but Ned is a much better option in the meantime to Bogarde or Carlos at CB.   Makes me wonder whether Unai sees a weakness I don't, or whether he has an alternative plan for Ned that I haven't.   

The ability is obviously there, but he's seemed a bit nervous when we've seen him. (Understandable...he's 18!) I think that Unai will let him get used to things in the League Cup and move him up when he's feeling more settled.

29 minutes ago, Thug said:

Its so strange.  Onana I thought had a good game.  

However, every time Barkley comes on, we get a sudden calmness to our game that you can't explain.  Our entire balance suddenly changes, and we look a far better side.

And that's exactly why Emery got him back here, for those very qualities.

6 minutes ago, CBGB said:

Up until Emery came along, we were that team - playing a good half of football, getting a lead, trying to hang on, and failing. Almost feel sorry for them hahahahahaaa

Yeah, me too.

spacer.png

Thought Wolves were excellent first half, we were sloppy in part because they pressured us to be so, however it was never going to be sustainable for 90 minutes, after an hour they were cooked and had nothing on the bench to stop the inevitable. Poor game management from them I thought. However, Unai as always finds the solutions, makes the correct choices and now he has such a big pool of quality players to choose from that ability becomes more potent.

We were not particularly good for most of the game, but we only need a 20 minute spell of playing well, and that's enough against some teams.

Tielemans and Barkley excellent, Maatsen as well, Duran really impressive.

Horrible game to watch in terms of the constant stop/start nature of it, though it was hilarious when O'Neil complained at there only being 13 minutes injury time when his team had spent the entire second half wasting as much time as possible.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â