• Rogers
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Digne 45)
    • Maatsen (McGinn 45)
    • Durán (Ramsey 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 23/09/24 at 22:59

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Poor first half, great second half, perfect subs won it for us

Barkley or Tielemans for MOTM, went Barkley as he changed it

Ref was bizarre, noting major but also no control or consistency 

Barkley for me too. He, once again, brought a much needed calmness. 

• Like 4

Great response after a poor first half. Depth in squad is so much better than last year. Some players deserve starts. Wycombe could get brutalised in midweek by hungry subs

Exhilarating second half. As bad as Rogers was first half I thought he was brilliant in the 2nd. Barkley changed the dynamics of the game too. Great to have game changers coming off the bench 

• Like 3

I didn't watch the game but have to say, the match thread was amusing to read.

Hyperbole aside, it sounds like we didn't play too well, but clearly did enough to win the game.

After a European game, its sometimes difficult to follow up in the league with a win & by the sounds of it, without needing to get out of first gear, we have beaten Wolves in their cup final.

I get to shout like Digne now about having a beer when we win. "ANOTHER ONE! CHEERS!" 🍻

Struggled to get going but once we did, a really nice performance.

We have a great bench to unlock teams that are sitting back. Maatsen, Barkley and of course Duran are all brilliant.

Tielemans was great again and fantastic to see Rogers finally rewarded with a couple of assists, it's only ever been a matter of time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

**** off ya dickheads

Despicable bunch, well and truly got their arses slapped in that second half WHEN WE STARTED PLAYING.

No more cheap giveaways, gifted goals… please. Defence needs to tighten up.

But we put these shites in their place.

Delicious 😋

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Excellent comeback up against a very thuggish Wolves side.

dmitry-finds-out-dmitry.gif

Foul after foul after foul, scumbags.

Beware the wrath of King Unai!!!

• Like 1

We're an absolute joy to watch at our rampant best. Only heard the first half on WM as was out, but while I'm glad I got to watch the bit of the match where we were good, there's a part of me that wishes I'd heard slow talker Moanin' Mel Eves presumably melting down as we put our foot on the gas :)

Two assists for Rogers is delightful to see, I thought Wolves couldn't handle him in the second half. The guy has become one of the brightest prospects in football in no time at all, just brilliant scouting and development from all involved. 

• Like 3

Very poor first, but the character is there. 4 wins from 5, winning the fixtures we should be winning and the table makes for good viewing.. Need to cut the mistakes like Carlos today, as we're conceding too many and against a better team you don't come back. but when we went for it in the last 20, we showed the attacking prowess. Rogers, Tielemans, Barkley, Maatsen all contributed very well in creating openings. And Watkins/Konsa/Duran providing the finishes when the chances came.

Showing that we can come from behind and get wins from under par performances, this is the kind of traits that gets you top 4 or wins trophies.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â