Match Thread: DO NOT LINK TO OR ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Just now, duke313 said:

They’ve had 10 shots, we’ve had 2 (none on target). They’ve also had more possession as the away team. I think you would call that bossing it.

yeah... but even I could get a shot off against this defense.

Well we've stunk the place out first half.  Wolves really good at getting the tackles in strong and quickly to nullify Morgan especially.  Too one dimensional so I'd bring Bailey and Kosta on down the right, maybe even Duran for Rogers or Ramsey.

Just now, duke313 said:

They’ve had 10 shots, we’ve had 2 (none on target). They’ve also had more possession as the away team. I think you would call that bossing it.

Before the goal, they weren’t posing too much of a threat and have fouled persistently. It was a bad mistake.

They need to man up and take charge now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Strange, subdued performance for him but consistency can be difficult for young players. Needs to show up and be more aggressive in the second half.

It's not that strange. He's played a lot of minutes, he's a player who does lots of running, he's young, and he's fatigued. Unai made a mistake not rotating him out.

Just now, TomC said:

It's not that strange. He's played a lot of minutes, he's a player who does lots of running, he's young, and he's fatigued. Unai made a mistake not rotating him out.

Ok, for who?

I have three concerns about playing Konsa at RB.  (1) We don't have any attacking threat down the right flank and so too much goes down the left or through the middle.  (2) When Carlos makes his customary brain fart we lose the ball in a much more dangerous position.  (3) When we are playing out from the back Torres and Konsa are too wide to make their normal passes into midfield and Carlos is a long way behind them (ability wise) in terms of spotting and executing a good pass.

If we equalise I still think we will go on and win.  However, I had this marked as a frustrating 1-1 before the match.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

My god we don't just miss Mings for his presence and aerial strength, we miss his organisation and leadership as well.

It's not like we didn't concede unnecessary goals when Mings was in defence.