I Met A Girl In Nashville She Was A Rodeo Queen, We Fell In Love On Horseback....

VillaRob

My elder daughter and I share a love of this stuff. We are are currently wistful that we can't possibly make this. One hell of a lineup. 

Screenshot_2024-09-06-21-37-57-46_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My elder daughter and I share a love of this stuff. We are are currently wistful that we can't possibly make this. One hell of a lineup. 

Its a rare thing to get to the bottom and still want to see someone. 
As an aside Folk Uke is made up of  Cathy Guthrie, daughter of Arlo and Amy Nelson, daughter of Willie. Amy provides vocals on one of my favourite Willie Nelson tracks, Wise Old Me. 

OCMS feature amongst my favourite ever live acts. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I count 15 there that I have seen live, multiple times for most. Unless they are running the cruise, OCMS shouldn’t be top-billed IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I count 15 there that I have seen live, multiple times for most. Unless they are running the cruise, OCMS shouldn’t be top-billed IMO. 

I tend to agree. I do like Old Crow - a lot - but over John Hiatt, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Alvin/Gilmore, Asleep at the Wheel, et al? Seriously? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I tend to agree. I do like Old Crow - a lot - but over John Hiatt, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Alvin/Gilmore, Asleep at the Wheel, et al? Seriously? 

Look how far down Laura Cantrell is. A measure of the line up quality perhaps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I'd have put The Beat Farmers higher up, too. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Exactly! In my perfect world she’d be so well-known and to-billed. Of course when she barely play/ release much you tend to fall out of grace. Met her a couple of times and she is exactly the angel you think she is. Will have to dig around and see if I can find the analog photo of she and I 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I can see it, given how multiple key dudes are dead. Not saying it’s right, just that I can understand why 

Ah, didn't know that. I just dig out the 'Van Go' album now and then. 

Edited by mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hey @Seat68 you’re probably already aware but Sturgill Simpson has just announced four UK dates next year.

Belfast 23/02

Manchester 27/02

London 01/03

Bristol 02/03 

Four dates. The usual excuse for a 'tour'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Hey @Seat68 you’re probably already aware but Sturgill Simpson has just announced four UK dates next year.

Belfast 23/02

Manchester 27/02

London 01/03

Bristol 02/03 

I see them. I am aiming for the Manchester date but all 3 mainland dates appeal. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â