I Met A Girl In Nashville She Was A Rodeo Queen, We Fell In Love On Horseback....

VillaRob

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

That’s leaving out an awful lot of truly great (non greatest hits) albums from that crew 

Probably true, but I'm only a casual fan of all of them. 

• Like 1

Just noticed I only have one compilation each for Townes Van Zandt and John Prine, too. I love them both, but it seems enough, somehow.  

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just noticed I only have one compilation each for Townes Van Zandt and John Prine, too. I love them both, but it seems enough, somehow.  

Big fan of both. Not the route I would go but if a person was strictly limited to only one John Prine album the very first one would be the way to go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Big fan of both. Not the route I would go but if a person was strictly limited to only one John Prine album the very first one would be the way to go

Oh, I know. tbh, my situation is affected by the rise of streaming. I listen to a lot of this stuff on Spotify nowadays. Were it not for that I might well have bought more albums by some of these artists. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, I know. tbh, my situation is affected by the rise of streaming. I listen to a lot of this stuff on Spotify nowadays. Were it not for that I might well have bought more albums by some of these artists. 

Totally understand. My comment wasn’t any kind of dig at you, was just thinking out loud 🍻

I’m the kind of guy who tends to own the entire catalog of any artist I like, and I have broad musical interests, so I end up with an ungodly amount of physical music. My wife would absolutely say that your approach is  better 🤣

52 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’m the kind of guy who tends to own the entire catalog of any artist I like, and I have broad musical interests, so I end up with an ungodly amount of physical music. 

Until relatively recently I was the same. I culled the vinyl down to 200 or so, but there are still 2000+ CDs in the house. So something had to give. I still buy everything by certain favourite artists (the Dylan section runs into hundreds), but streaming has supplanted the rest. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Until relatively recently I was the same. I culled the vinyl down to 200 or so, but there are still 2000+ CDs in the house. So something had to give. I still buy everything by certain favourite artists (the Dylan section runs into hundreds), but streaming has supplanted the rest. 

I have no idea how many discs I have but has to be at least 5000, and I am still buying all the time, alas.

Total Luddite when it comes to music consumption, my wife uses Spotify et al. but not me 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

11 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Total Luddite when it comes to music consumption, my wife uses Spotify et al. but not me 

It's a great way to discover new stuff - then you can buy the CDs! 

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's a great way to discover new stuff - then you can buy the CDs! 

Understood. But discovering new stuff is unfortunately not an issue- over the close to five decades of being music obsessed I have developed an uncanny ability (blessing or curse?) to have music information find me without having to work very hard 🤣 Be it friends telling me about new stuff, reading about it, etc., I’m a magnet. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Understood. But discovering new stuff is unfortunately not an issue- over the close to five decades of being music obsessed I have developed an uncanny ability (blessing or curse?) to have music information find me without having to work very hard 🤣 Be it friends telling me about new stuff, reading about it, etc., I’m a magnet. 

Well yes, I'm like that too. Although I'm infamous on here for having a blind spot for most new developments in music after 1975. :)

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

maybe one for your diary @Seat68

I really hope its as good as his solo work. His old band are backing him on it. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

I am slowly being gifted keepsakes of my mums. Today I received a 1996 programme from when Willie Nelson played Wolverhampton. I went with my mum and she got a kiss, and her programme signed by Willie. Nice thing to get. The programme that is. 

8 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Isn’t he doing this name change just to work around his “retire after 5 albums” declaration? 

I suspect that is the case, but I suspect he might have a bit of regret saying that anyway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

The death of the great Willie Mays (😢) immediately made me think of this classic from another true legend. Take it away, Possum

Love this. One of my all time favourites 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Love this. One of my all time favourites 

👍👍 massive George Jones fan here. Saw him several times. Seeing him at a rodeo in Austin on St. Patrick’s Day was something I’ll never forget 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â