Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah backline lacks experience. I'd have started Carlos 

Me too I think - and maybe put Bogarde in midfield and rested Onana.

Ashley Young played for us when Borland was born.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

surprised Carlos isnt starting tbh, he looked like he needs more game time to me.

a little surprised to see Onana, but i guess he hasnt played the full 90 a few times, so isnt quite up to the minutes of most of the first team.

I was expecting Onana, but surprised about no Carlos. Good to see how the  two CBs get on, but I suppose also probably wise not to risk any of our senior CBs

Bogarde has performed well at centreback against League One opposition in the EFL Trophy and was the year we reached the knockout stage, so he's not completely inexperienced there. I think the hope will be that the rest of the team can control the game so he and Swinkels won't have to do too much defensive work.

Wycombe have made eight changes to their team that started at the weekend

• Like 1

I think Swinkels will be okay - he's a big strong lad who I don't think will struggle too much with the physicality.

Bogarde at CB is more of a footballer and might find it more difficult if Wycombe are a team that lumps it to a big fella.

I'm sorry, those wanting Carlos for his esperience are missing the point of experience.  Experience is supposed to deliver a calm, cool head who adds safety and stability.  None of those describe Carlos. 

• Like 1

Suspect Barkley, Onana and Bailey to get 45 -60 minutes max. Hopefully we see Duran and Maatsen off if we are winning comfortably early on too. Would be psychologically great for Buendia to get a full game.