Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Though i remember Mourinho saying a long time ago that he prioritised the League Cup as the first trophy to win at his new club. It gave players a taste of winning, was easiest to win, and set the tone for the rest of his time at the club.

The difference was that Mourinho had an incredible squad at to work with in his first season after Abramovich's spending splurge.

surprised Carlos isnt starting tbh, he looked like he needs more game time to me.

a little surprised to see Onana, but i guess he hasnt played the full 90 a few times, so isnt quite up to the minutes of most of the first team.

• Like 1

Interesting team, surprised he didn't pick Carlos to lead either of Bogarde or Swinkels through the match. I know they've played a lot of games together in youth football but it's an essentially totally inexperienced pairing at this level. Hopefully we have enough going forward that it won't matter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting back line with Swinkels and Bogarde at CB.

Strong in front of them and a really good chance for Young to make a name for himself.

Yeah backline lacks experience. I'd have started Carlos 

• Like 1