Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's about priorities. Ours lie elsewhere. The domestic cups you hope for an easy draw, rotate players and if you end up in a quarter final // semi final then you start taking it seriously. 

Though i remember Mourinho saying a long time ago that he prioritised the League Cup as the first trophy to win at his new club. It gave players a taste of winning, was easiest to win, and set the tone for the rest of his time at the club.

• Like 1

Remember the 8-3 game as a kid after we were 3-1 down at half-time in this competition nearly 20 years ago.

Think it will be something like:

Gauci

Ned Carlos Swinkels Maatsen

Bailey Barkley Bogarde Jaden

Buendia

Duran

Can see Watkins, Ramsey and Onana on the bench with a few others given a complete rest, (Rogers, Tielemens, Torres and Emi).

• Like 1

I'd like us to rotate heavily.

Don't get me wrong, a league cup run would be great, but let's be honest, it's absolutely bottom of our priorities this season.
We should be playing to win, but resting key players and giving fringe players a chance and keep them fresh is the goal here.

If we happen to go out as a result then so be it. But we should have enough regardless

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Apols if already covered - is there any way we can watch this? Wycombe's iFollow or something?

I think it's on Sky Sports.

League Cup - Round 3, Sky Sports Main Event (19:00), Sky Sports Football (19:00)

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It is!!!!

Why didn't they put that on the Wycombe website?! Nob ends. Hope they get beat.

You should have checked Cup Tie Date, it says it there... instead of blaming Wycombes website 🤣

The league cup has given us some weird games, result and goals over the years. Here’s hoping for a run of the mill, basic bitch, 0-2 to us.

Although if anyone can do a goal like Bertie did in the league cup, that would be fun to be fair 

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Excited for this one. I think this will be the team--I also expect Young, Swinkels, Broggio, Wilson and perhaps Taylor to be involved too.

image.thumb.png.d02e7619f99b5d000af928d07f2900dd.png

Think this is more or less what it'll be, if I was to guess. 

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Excited for this one. I think this will be the team--I also expect Young, Swinkels, Broggio, Wilson and perhaps Taylor to be involved too.

image.thumb.png.d02e7619f99b5d000af928d07f2900dd.png

This but Konsa in and Bogarde out, I believe.