Champions League - League Phase 2024/25

alreadyexists

Undefeated after 2 matches with no goals conceded. 

And a giant killing in the bargain!

Bologna next at Villa Park.

I fear this one could be a banana peel.

The vibes most likely won't be as electric as it was on Wednesday night, and the difference might transmit down to the players. An away tie next would be preferable in this context. But I'm probably overthinking this.

It'd be great to not only beat Bologna,  but keep another clean sheet in the process while scoring hopefully more than one goal. We need to increase our GD.

When do you think the tickets for the Celtic match go on sale? I'd like to fly over for that one.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Undefeated after 2 matches with no goals conceded. 

And a giant killing in the bargain!

Bologna next at Villa Park.

I fear this one could be a banana peel.

The vibes most likely won't be as electric as it was on Wednesday night, and the difference might transmit down to the players. An away tie next would be preferable in this context. But I'm probably overthinking this.

It'd be great to not only beat Bologna,  but keep another clean sheet in the process while scoring hopefully more than one goal. We need to increase our GD.

When do you think the tickets for the Celtic match go on sale? I'd like to fly over for that one.

Don't think there are "banana peels" with Emery. Meaning we won't overlook/underestimate an opponent. If we lose or draw it will be due to extenuating circumstances, bad luck or a brilliant gameplan by Bologna.

We've put ourselves in a great position. Another home.game next and some winnable away games and Celtic at home.. my wallet is crying

• Like 1

On 18/09/2024 at 02:38, alreadyexists said:

An interesting point made by the Football Rankings twitter (x) guy, likely to only be 10 points needed to get to the knockout phase.

I gather it’s seeded then so the higher up you finish the lower ranking team you play on the knock out round?

Let’s go for 16 points though obviously! 

I wonder if Heck wants us to finish in the playoff group in order to squeeze another home game out of this...

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

We've put ourselves in a great position. Another home.game next and some winnable away games and Celtic at home.. my wallet is crying

When will the Juventus and Celtic tickets go on sale?

Just now, maqroll said:

When will the Juventus and Celtic tickets go on sale?

Normally a few weeks before the game, hopefully on different paydays 

It's interesting that we can pretty much qualify for the playoffs with a win against Bologna, with 5 games to go. 

I was wondering whether there might be temptation to get to 9 points straight away and then rotate more for the remaining five, taking a place roughly in the middle of the table.

But I'm sure we will just go for a top 8 place. Especially as we then avoid 2 games in the playoff. 

Bologna look like a good team. I think after Bayern everyone is looking at that game as a bit of a banker but I don't think it will be at all

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bologna look like a good team. I think after Bayern everyone is looking at that game as a bit of a banker but I don't think it will be at all

A bit like how some people looked at yesterday's game.  If only football was that simple.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

A bit like how some people looked at yesterday's game.  If only football was that simple.

No villa fan should ever be looking at a Man Utd fixture as a banker. They still hold a massive hoodoo over us

On 07/10/2024 at 08:31, turvontour said:

It's interesting that we can pretty much qualify for the playoffs with a win against Bologna, with 5 games to go. 

I was wondering whether there might be temptation to get to 9 points straight away and then rotate more for the remaining five, taking a place roughly in the middle of the table.

But I'm sure we will just go for a top 8 place. Especially as we then avoid 2 games in the playoff. 

This new table format seems shit to me with a hell of a lot of games to eliminate a small number of teams.

On 07/10/2024 at 08:31, turvontour said:

My wallet wants a top 8 as I think a playoff will be even more expensive. 

On 07/10/2024 at 09:09, Stevo985 said:

No villa fan should ever be looking at a Man Utd fixture as a banker. They still hold a massive hoodoo over us

Who do?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â