Champions League 2024/25

ender4

9 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Paramount having the Super League post game show.   Spend 20 minutes talking about Liverpool, then discuss Juventus' game.   Now onto Bayern and said they'll also show highlights from Madrid game.    The other matches are apparently inconsequential.

Oh, and someone please put Micah Richards out of our misery.   What a buffoon.   They interviewed Pulisic and asked him about Pocchetino.   Said he hadn't spoken with him.   Thirty seconds later Micah asks if he's spoken with Pocchetino and suggests he's lying when he again says no.

Sounds like hell. 

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Sounds like hell. 

There was a part where they had Micah do his impression of an American commentator reacting to the Pulisic goal. It was as cringe as you could imagine

We're blessed with cheap legal streaming options but the pandering to Americans punditry is awful. NBC has it right with the Prem but they're losing the rights after this year to CBS. God help us all

19 minutes ago, Caddy said:

There was a part where they had Micah do his impression of an American commentator reacting to the Pulisic goal. It was as cringe as you could imagine

We're blessed with cheap legal streaming options but the pandering to Americans punditry is awful. NBC has it right with the Prem but they're losing the rights after this year to CBS. God help us all

Wickerman Bees GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Paramount having the Super League post game show.   Spend 20 minutes talking about Liverpool, then discuss Juventus' game.   Now onto Bayern and said they'll also show highlights from Madrid game.    The other matches are apparently inconsequential.

Oh, and someone please put Micah Richards out of our misery.   What a buffoon.   They interviewed Pulisic and asked him about Pocchetino.   Said he hadn't spoken with him.   Thirty seconds later Micah asks if he's spoken with Pocchetino and suggests he's lying when he again says no.

Virgin Media have it on terrestrial here in Ireland, commentary was poor, commentator did not know Nassef Sawiris or Elmo. Damien Delaney in studio was excellent, pinpointed the exact moment in the first half when Emery adapted the tactics to beat their press (Onana went down in our box). He thinks we'll get top 8.

4 hours ago, Caddy said:

NBC has it right with the Prem but they're losing the rights after this year to CBS

Are you sure? I just looked it up and this SI article says that NBC still has Premier League rights through 2028, which is fortunate because I really enjoy NBC.

Today’s CBS broadcast felt like a major downgrade from NBC’s Premier League coverage.

10 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Are you sure? I just looked it up and this SI article says that NBC still has Premier League rights through 2028, which is fortunate because I really enjoy NBC.

Today’s CBS broadcast felt like a major downgrade from NBC’s Premier League coverage.

Yeah I was talking out of my ass, I'm looking it up now and I must've heard about CBS's EFL deal and thought it was about the Prem. That's definitely a relief to hear NBC has it going forward.

10 hours ago, Caddy said:

At least you don't have to listen to Rio Ferdinand.

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

So 3 points in the bag.  Basically we need 2 wins from our next 7 matches to advance to the knockout rounds.  Who said this tournament was difficult?

If we got that then we’d have a really difficult opponent in the play-off stage. Ideally we want to be top half of the table so we get an easier opponent in the play-off stage.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

I found out yesterday the last group game has every team playing at same time. A brilliant idea and a nightmare for the tv companies 😂

Seems a bit pointless when at best there will be 8 teams with something to play for on the last day. The rest will be playing a B team most likely. 

52 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So who are the obvious 8 for the automatic qualification spots?

Bayern

Real Madrid

Man City

Liverpool

PSG

Arsenal?

Dortmund?

Barcelona?

Juventus?

Wouldn't be so sure on Dortmund, Barcelona and Juve. 

Think they're will be a mix of them 3, us, Ateltico Madrid, Inter Milan, Bayer Leverkusen and a couple of others competing around that 16 point mark for the 5th-8th places.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â