• Tielemans
    • Rogers
    • Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Bogarde 46)
    • Durán (Watkins 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 19/09/24 at 22:59

Tielemans seems to be MOM every week. 

He is a joy to watch, and releases Rogers quicker so he is blooming as well. It is the best Villa team in 50 years, and when we sort the RB position out, get Bailey and Kamara in the team, then we will be even better.

We are not far away from Arse and Lplop

• Like 1

There's one masterfully complicated tactic Emery has trained our boys in well, and it's this: Moving forward fast down the middle of the pitch and opening up multiple parallel channels with triangle passes galore. Almost impossible to defend. I saw us do this ten or fifteen times, usually with Tielemans sometimes with Onana directing the show. It's a very difficult to defend because our midfielders end up with a host of good choices and the wide push of players keep moving like a rushing, wide river. It clearly overwhelmed the boys.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How can the elite competition in europe allow a team to host games on astroturf? Ridiculous, it's a real advantage to them. 

I actually thought young boys looked even less comfortable than us on it, maybe the impact of a few players having summers playing with their national teams on grass pitches. There were heavy touches all over the place 

After getting used to their plastic pitch, it was all Villa.

Tielemans, Rogers & Ramsey all excellent. Felt for both disallowed goals as I thought there had to be clear & obvious error to disallow the first. Thats what we were told earlier in the season when a clear & obvious error was ignored. Durans was clearly a handball by Onana, but how long do we have to keep the ball before they stop looking back? Such a shame for such a beautiful strike. Pointless yellow too.

I was torn on MOTM between Rogers & Tielemans but went with Rogers. His control, the way he glides across the pitch but then becomes a freight train when opposition players get near him & his vision & ability to spot the pass & slide it through are all wonderful to watch. Once he adds a couple of goals & assists to his name, he will really be some player.

Tielemans was excellent & loved his goal, & Im still torn between him & Rogers. Such a fluid & controlling performance. Beautiful to watch.

They were all pretty decent tbf. Although, the game got away from Bogarde & the sub was the correct decision. Hopefully he learns from it, as opposed to it denting his confidence.

Overall, despite Young Boys offering very little serious threat, Im pretty happy with the performance & the result as mentioned previously I don't drink much other than when we win, so Im just about to open & enjoy a bottle of Coors to celebrate! 🍻

Cheers. UTV!

• Like 1

Spare a thought for Young Boys. They've just played a tier 4 CL side at home and could have lost by 6.

On paper should have been one of their easier games 😅

On that performance, and the advantage of their pitch, I can say they'll not do much this season.

Our biggest test a week Thursday.

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Perfect night.

Now what channel is Man Utd v Barnsley on????

:hooray:

I have a good friend who has the misfortune of supporting Man Utd.

I keep wanting to text him, but then, he's my friend, you know? 😂

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

I have a good friend who has the misfortune of supporting Man Utd.

I keep wanting to text him, but then, he's my friend, you know? 😂

What his number, I'll text him 

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â