• Tielemans
    • Rogers
    • Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Bogarde 46)
    • Durán (Watkins 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 19/09/24 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Crazy that we had a more difficult opening Conference League fixture than our opening Champions League fixture.

Told you....The Elite have it easy.😆

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Crazy that we had a more difficult opening Conference League fixture than our opening Champions League fixture.

Yeah that felt easier than any of our Conference fixtures (bar the Hibs games)

2 hours ago, TRO said:

clean sheets away in Europe....priceless.

We know we can score goals....That was improvement.

Just watching a few clips in relation to last night's game, getting quite tearful at the lovely tributes paid to our Gary. What a heart breaker. TRO!! Especially for those of us who had the pleasure of giving all that emotional investment towards that wonderful side.

The performance and how we handled the ocassion last night showed the ever emerging maturity of this squad. All the experts bleating about how the champions league can overhaw a team, and we played like a side who had been performing in it for a good few years. It was calm, focussed and professional. The first 20 minutes were clearly one where the home side, on a pitch they knew and was alien to us, were up for it and we did what all top sides do, weather the storm. Once Tielemans goal went it there was only one team in it.

I think alot of people are vastly underating the importance of balancing the Conference with a getting top four with an ever depleting and tiring squad last season. It really has been a great help. You only have to look at how Leipzig last season was a game where the ocassion took over. None of that last night.

None of your Newcastle hundred mile an hour naievity that was in their champions league games. I dare say that how we've played in the league games this season so far was deliberately to have the team in a european style of play.

That is the brilliance of our Basque genius.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Now that the dust has settled, something that should be talked about is how bad Young Boys looked.

Not taking anything away from our performance. You can only beat what's in front of you and we were excellent.

But man did they look bad. No wonder they're struggling domestically. I wonder what's happened with them

they were pretty much as bad as i expected them to be. i think that they won the league last year says more about the swiss super league than anything else.

43 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they were pretty much as bad as i expected them to be. i think that they won the league last year says more about the swiss super league than anything else.

I expected Champions League Experience and home advantage, especially on that surface, to give us more of a problem than it did

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I expected Champions League Experience and home advantage, especially on that surface, to give us more of a problem than it did

thought the first 20 minutes it looked problematic but we then got used to the pitch and went up through the gears, sign of a very good team 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watching a few clips in relation to last night's game, getting quite tearful at the lovely tributes paid to our Gary. What a heart breaker. TRO!! Especially for those of us who had the pleasure of giving all that emotional investment towards that wonderful side.

Sheepy, My wife ( who is a STH) used to work at Harvey Nicks, before retirement and knew Gary well , as with many of the lads at Villa, who used to frequent the place.....it has hit us particularly hard.

• Like 1

I was working until midnight yesterday, so have just watched the whole match. Here is a photo of the VAR room. (I remember when Dion Dublin was sent off over 20 years ago and fully expect the match officials for Bayern Munich to insist that Villa start 0-1 down before kick-off, because of that.)

minority-report-5150c09e8df97.jpg

Edited by Django_Zooms

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â