• Rogers
    • Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Bogarde 46)
    • Durán (Watkins 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/24 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Don't take this the wrong way, as its just a bit of fun, but man, you do love that Twitter, lol.

He's providing a service for us folks that wouldnt go near it with your phone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On a separate note, the pitch tonight looked baffling.

I've played on modern synthetic pitches and seen them used in professional matches and these days they're like synthetic grass.

But this one looked like the astroturf of old. Really really short, hard surface. Not like the fake grass you usually see

Maybe it was just how it looked on TV 

I particularly liked the concrete slabs around the outside

Interestingly enough, in the leadup to Ramsey's goal, when Ollie got kicked by their keeper and came down on top of the ball it looked like it hit his hand there as well.

So by that principle, Ramsey's goal should not have stood, but a penalty awarded instead.

13 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Our away clean sheet is looking more impressive as the night goes on

clean sheets away in Europe....priceless.

We know we can score goals....That was improvement.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ponky said:

Interestingly enough, in the leadup to Ramsey's goal, when Ollie got kicked by their keeper and came down on top of the ball it looked like it hit his hand there as well.

So by that principle, Ramsey's goal should not have stood, but a penalty awarded instead.

Handball, used to be "Hand to Ball" not "Ball to hand"

I think if a Pen is given for "ball to hand", it has to be when the hand is in an obviously abnormal position.

I don't think many incidents of "Ball to hand"  should be Penalties.....However, that's TRO's rules.

Ollies Goal was a goal imo and should not have been ruled out.....ball went under his arm and hit his body....that decision was poor.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

Phone UEFA! - Judging by how far they went back to disallow Duran’s goal, there may still be time to get this one knocked out. 🤣

17 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Beautiful that a Villa #8 scored

Beautiful that 'one of our own' scored

Also - and for those still upset - Tielemans is, and always was, the Luiz replacement. And on the form so far this season - he's better. Assists, goals and running the game better.

Dougie was good for us and will be remembered fondly, but the sagacious Unai saw an opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone.

This is how it will be moving forward the evergreen Unai will be searching constantly for upgrades and enhancements.

Some of these players who have moved on, were good for us at the time, and we have to remember that, I'm not sure comparisons are of any benefit to us.

This team is morphing all the time from both personnel changes to individual players improving in the team.....still more improvement needed but its WIP and we have one of the best coaching teams on the case.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Albert Einstein, Heidi, watches, cheese, Roger Federer, Carl Jung, Chocolate, Sepp Blatter, Chapuisat, CERN and neutrality. Your Young Boys took one hell of a beating tonight.

lol Heidi - that takes me back to my childhood. She made Clara walk!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

They actually ran a VAR check for that after the goal.

What's not clear is that if they'd have disallowed it, would they have then gone back and given the penalty. If the ref was deemed to have played advantage by letting play go, then I'm not sure if the handball would have ended our period of advantage and it would have just been a free kick for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Just a reminder that 10.40pm tonight on BBC1 there are match day 1 champions league highlights…👍

good because i've only watched them about 8 times so probably need to watch with some different commentary

• Like 1

Now that the dust has settled, something that should be talked about is how bad Young Boys looked.

Not taking anything away from our performance. You can only beat what's in front of you and we were excellent.

But man did they look bad. No wonder they're struggling domestically. I wonder what's happened with them

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Now that the dust has settled, something that should be talked about is how bad Young Boys looked.

Not taking anything away from our performance. You can only beat what's in front of you and we were excellent.

But man did they look bad. No wonder they're struggling domestically. I wonder what's happened with them

Crazy that we had a more difficult opening Conference League fixture than our opening Champions League fixture.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They actually ran a VAR check for that after the goal.

What's not clear is that if they'd have disallowed it, would they have then gone back and given the penalty. If the ref was deemed to have played advantage by letting play go, then I'm not sure if the handball would have ended our period of advantage and it would have just been a free kick for them.

With all the flip flopping with changes to the rules over the years....my brain hurts.

The Chronology of dates, with all these changes, sends my head in to a tizz.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â