• Rogers
    • Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Bogarde 46)
    • Durán (Watkins 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/24 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's the spirit. I thought we'd lost that Brummie self-doubt and putting ourselves down for a second, but thank you for restoring my faith.

Geez mate if you can't tell that's littered with sarcasm then I can't help you 😅😅😅 

These were the comments made to me repeatedly when I said we're gonna be fine.

Also I'm Aussie, no Brum in me 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a separate note, the pitch tonight looked baffling.

I've played on modern synthetic pitches and seen them used in professional matches and these days they're like synthetic grass.

But this one looked like the astroturf of old. Really really short, hard surface. Not like the fake grass you usually see

Maybe it was just how it looked on TV 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On a separate note, the pitch tonight looked baffling.

I've played on modern synthetic pitches and seen them used in professional matches and these days they're like synthetic grass.

But this one looked like the astroturf of old. Really really short, hard surface. Not like the fake grass you usually see

Maybe it was just how it looked on TV 

No it was bad as it looked apparently, SJM was comically scathing of it in interview after the match..

"I've played on plenty of astroturf in Scotland, but none as bad as this"

I'm paraphrasing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

When was the last time we won 4 of the first 5 games?

More impressive tonight was that Carlos pass aside I was completely relaxed, able to enjoy the game knowing we were the better side and it would come, completely stress free, at no point tonight did I think we'd lose or get tense or start to panic

Complete control 

2020 we won 6 of first 7

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Swear to Christ nothing on the internet triggers me more than some braincell deprived person posting "good ebening" below anything Emery related. Do people actually think it's funny? 

The Venn diagram of the people writing that comment and people who have the reading and writing skills of an underachieving primary school student (in one language, not numerous like Emery) is a circle. 

they are people with no original brain cells and probably fans of teams Unai has beaten since he joined

They are embarrassing though was more embarrassing some Villa fans tried say that as well early in his reign

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Geez mate if you can't tell that's littered with sarcasm then I can't help you 😅😅😅 

These were the comments made to me repeatedly when I said we're gonna be fine.

Also I'm Aussie, no Brum in me 😁

I was about to reply with that. Now I'm too gobsmacked at the thought your comment was interpreted without realising the sarcasm. VT for you.😉

• Thanks 1

Perfect start to our CL campaign. Youri man of the match for the second game running.

Watkins goal should have stood as never a hand ball from what I could see.

RB is a problem for us and we might see a change on Saturday.

Let's give Bayern a hostile reception especially that diving cheat Kane.

Onwards and upwards

UTV

What a truly fantastic evening and a continued feeling of joy this morning. Hearing the music at the start and then the performance after the first twenty minutes was so controlled. We look a real team.

Tielemans and Rogers were ridiculously good, Ramsey looking like the old Ramsey and Martinez didn’t have a lot to do.

Sure they’ll be much harder tests ahead, but we’re back among the elite and it feels good.  

• Like 3

I thought those Swiss ultras kept singing behind their goal last night, despite our overwhelming superiority. Unlike VAR they had a decent evening and they must they will have enjoyed hosting a top European team like us. 

Everyone thought the atmosphere at Newcastle in the CL last season was something. Just wait until the Bayern game, it will be white hot for them at Villa Park! :flag:

Big European games at Villa Park are back and they don't get much bigger than this! 

There was a superb flag in front of us in Rotterdam. It read "1918, 1945, 1966 and now 1982. It is just not your century"...perhaps we could add 2024 to that in a fortnight! :D

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Is it me being a biased Villa fan?…..or is all our goals forensically scrutinised, to find fault.

It seems every goal, is a target for questioning.

No, you're not wrong. They seem to be looking for reasons to cancel them off.

Different competition granted, but we were told that the threshold for "clear & obvious" error on VAR was higher this year when we had an issue earlier in season too. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â