Match Thread: UCL1: Young Boys v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Hold the ball up beautifully.

Would we have preferred the penalty and the keeper sent off?

Well, if Ollie was the one who was going to take it, i'd have liked that, because I had a bet that we'd win 2-0 with Ollie scoring.

Now that the bet is dead, I'd like 16-0.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

On scored away goals, juve is at home.

Between Matchday 1 and Matchday 7, teams that are level on points will be separated using the following criteria:

a. Superior goal difference in the league phase
b. Higher number of goals scored in the league phase
c. Higher number of away goals scored in the league phase
d. Higher number of wins in the league phase
e. Higher number of away wins in the league phase

Oh piss off 😅

It sucks but it's how we had what was basically a well earned equalizer by Havertz at the death vs Arsenal last season ruled out. It was inconsequential but it was contact. End of story.

Are Champions League officials always this crap?

After a shaky first 20 minutes getting used to that terrible pitch we have been in complete control.

Ramsey, Rogers & Tielemans are running the show. Rogers in particular has been brilliant. Closely followed by Tielemans.

Hopefully we push on in the second half & grab another goal or two.

I would not be comfortable watching us sit back & holding what we have.

Just now, Spoony said:

I know it’s not like that in the PL anymore???

It is absolutely still like that in the PL. Whether they **** up individuals decisions is another matter, but the PL only change minor matters of process and interpretation, they can't change the black and white laws of the game determined by IFAB

Just now, Spoony said:

**** me so that’s the correct decision. Football rules are bonkers 

yup. really odd to have a zero acceptance policy on any minor touch if it results in a goal.

guess as a defender if you have to panic clear it, aim for the arms of the opponent.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Held the ball up beautifully.

Would we have preferred the penalty and the keeper sent off?

Don't think it would have been a red as he was trying to boot the ball into orbit.  Would've been a yellow and Ollie taking a penalty probably, so I'd take the goal from Ramsey.

The annoying thing about arguing the toss about football rules in a match thread is most people have good intentions but don't have a nerdy interest in the minutiae of the rules, and believe the ill-informed shite that commentators come out with. :D 

2 minutes ago, Caddy said:

It sucks but it's how we had what was basically a well earned equalizer by Havertz at the death vs Arsenal last season ruled out. It was inconsequential but it was contact. End of story.

Well I mean the ball was well behind havertz and he handballed it to bring it back in front of him. But I agree Watkins should have been ruled out but not quite the same situation in my biased opinion.