Match Thread: UCL1: Young Boys v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you're accepting there's a touch, no matter how minor, it's the correct decision. You can not like the rule if you like, but it was the correct application by the ref. 

is that really UEFA rules? In the prem that is given.

Unfortunate but I think that the handball decision was correct.  However, the refereeing apart from that has been pretty poor to say the least.  I hope we get "home team" favouritism like this at Villa Park.  Important few minutes at the start of the second half - hopefully we can carry on as we finished the first half and get a third.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

is that really UEFA rules? In the prem that is given.

In the Prem it should not be given:

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#direct-free-kick

• It is an offence if a player:
    scores in the opponents’ goal:

• immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

ok so these are the handball rules applied to CL for clarity:

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

• scores in the opponents’ goal:

• directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

• immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

So I guess it's the correct call based on the final point. Find it a bit ridiculous that it isn't clear and obvious rule applied, but is what is I guess

So it def touches Watkins hand. Does anyone know if they do the bullshit rule we had last year where if it touches the attackers arm at all it’s game over? I know it’s not like that in the PL anymore???

So confused by all this now tbh