Match Thread: UCL1: Young Boys v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Davkaus said:

Keep in mind the rule is very clear that any minor touch that directly leads to a goal means it has to be ruled out.

It's not a 'clear and obvious' thing

I know. I’m not going to be furious about the decision, as it’s probably technically correct, but in general I don’t like how we’re looking in slow motion for the slightest of touches to find a reason to rule out a goal.

• Like 4

Just now, El Zen said:

I guess the ball brushes his fingers slightly, but man… when you look for reasons to rule out every goal, you’re gonna find one. 

It definitely hit his hand, the way it fell you can tell it did. But how that is given is a joke.  No impact on the path of the ball and only did so due to a deflection. Rules are a joke at the moment. 

Just now, osmark86 said:

...and it didn't even change the trajectory of the ball, that's how insignificant the contact was at that speed. Ridiculous decision.

If you're accepting there's a touch, no matter how minor, it's the correct decision. You can not like the rule if you like, but it was the correct application by the ref. 

1 minute ago, TDR V2 said:

It's not the rule, we now have a difference between deliberate and a accidental. In the prem league anyway

I think the rule says any touch of a hand or arm in the build up to a goal is handball.  We got away with one against Arsenal last season.  However I don't think it even touched Ollie's arm or hand.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

"WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE...

....ON ALPHABETICAL ORDER!"

On scored away goals, juve is at home.

Between Matchday 1 and Matchday 7, teams that are level on points will be separated using the following criteria:

a. Superior goal difference in the league phase
b. Higher number of goals scored in the league phase
c. Higher number of away goals scored in the league phase
d. Higher number of wins in the league phase
e. Higher number of away wins in the league phase

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Apart from the bullshit ref and VAR, not bad so far. Bogarde does look uncomfortable though must say

Seems like Emery wants to just throw him into the deep end in an effort (out of necessity) to fast track his development. 

Just now, El Segundo said:

I think the rule says any touch of a hand or arm in the build up to a goal is handball.  We got away with one against Arsenal last season.  However I don't think it even touched Ollie's arm or hand.

It didn't 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Pretty sure Ollie knew it touched his fingers after it bounced off his chest.  Harsh but I guess they're the rules.  

A half of two halves, we were fantastic once we settled down.  Tielemans has been our best player so far this season.

yeah a slightly muted celebration from Ollie. He knew I think

Just now, stewiek2 said:

The pitch hasn't helped but showing were the better team with the goals. Ollie's goal should have stood for sure.

The pitch is weird isn't it, in the build up I was like nah, listening to talk sport for the opening ten mins I was like will they ever shut up about this pitch...buts it's definitely a factor, the weighting of passes is off