Match Thread: UCL1: Young Boys v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Pretty sure Ollie knew it touched his fingers after it bounced off his chest.  Harsh but I guess they're the rules.  

A half of two halves, we were fantastic once we settled down.  Tielemans has been our best player so far this season.

Pau, Tielemans, Rogers...some football intelligence in that spine.

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I guess the ball brushes his fingers slightly, but man… when you look for reasons to rule out every goal, you’re gonna find one. 

...and it didn't even change the trajectory of the ball, that's how insignificant the contact was at that speed. Ridiculous decision.

Just now, blunther said:

Not if it directly leads to a goal afaik, unless it’s changed again this season. 

Correct. This isn't a PL/UEFA thing. If there is any touch immediately before they score, even if it's accidental, the goal isn't allowed, it's not a league's interpretation, it's in the IFAB laws of the game.

• Like 1

We're still not quite sharp - Rogers and Ramsey have been excellent, Tielemans superb - but I'd like a little bit more from Onana and McGinn and Watkins really should have had a hat-trick from the chances he's had. At the back, Konsa is brilliant, Bogarde got schooled for half an hour and Pau seems to have lost is touch on his long passes. Digne has been really good though.

It'll always be the nature of things that not everyone plays well in the same game, but I tell you what, if this team clicks we're going to hammer someone. 

I'll take this all day though - one more in the second half to get rid of any jitters and then we can let Captain Chaos loose on them.

• Like 1