Match Thread: UCL1: Young Boys v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Genie said:

Not sure if people are watching a different stream but it’s definitely handball, I’m sure they don’t disallow it unless they saw it too

That might explain it, I'm not watching a UK broadcast, but I thought they all shared the video stream

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

There was nothing definitive in that angle though. That was purely a decision made on assumption.

I think a few people are going to be surprised at HT, clearly strikes the hand.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

from the behind the goal camera angle you can clearly see it does not hit is arm

I think the hand contact is after it hits his chest, it brushes his hand. It’s a daft rule but I suppose it’s the rule. 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

That might explain it, I'm not watching a UK broadcast, but I thought they all shared the video stream

There was an angle initially which looked like it hit the chest, then another from behind Watkins and it’s handball.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure if people are watching a different stream but it’s definitely handball, I’m sure they don’t disallow it unless they saw it too

The angle shown on my stream has the ball clearly hitting his chest. The view was from the goal directly looking at Watkins.

Just now, El Zen said:

I guess the ball brushes his fingers slightly, but man… when you look for reasons to rule out every goal, you’re gonna find one. 

Keep in mind the rule is very clear that any minor touch that directly leads to a goal means it has to be ruled out.

It's not a 'clear and obvious' thing

Just now, blunther said:

I think the hand contact is after it hits his chest, it brushes his hand. It’s a daft rule but I suppose it’s the rule. 

It's not the rule, we now have a difference between deliberate and a accidental. In the prem league anyway