Pre-Match Thread

Topic will be automatically locked at 14:00

Kingman

49 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

You would start Watkins against Wycombe then?

Seems a game for Duran that. Wolves is the game for Watkins

Duran isn't going to be happy just getting starts v Wycombe.

Last season Ollie went off at half time v Wolves and we did o.k.

I think we'll see all of Ned, Barkley, Maatsen and Duran start this just to freshen things up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Same again for this one, then give everyone the week off.

The team for Wycombe can be a whole hotchpotch of kids and back ups.

I agree to a degree...but the gaffer is strategic in everything he does.

There seems to be a plan, " for Lunch"

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think we'll see all of Ned, Barkley, Maatsen and Duran start this just to freshen things up.

Its a real problem to keep them both happy.....but they offer different things which makes it harder to choose one over the other.

Duran looks a threat, if he was on for 5 minutes.....I am not sure what to expect for 90 odd maybe Unai feels the same.

He has qualities if he can keep his consistency, that will take him to the top....some of his attributes are insane.

Its very easy to get ahead of ourselves with this boy, but it's hard not to.

The whole football world, will be watching him with predatory intentions and I am unsure if he has a perfidious nature or not.

He would be a fool right now, not to develop a mature streak, and conform to a manager, who IMV can make him a star. He has to understand that and resist any tendency for recalcitrant behaviour.

I have to say, His pure talent, leaves me gobsmacked and I have to search my brain to think of a more concise striker of the ball, with such power and at such a tender age...The boy is unique for me.

When he is lurking the opposing goal is just not safe....he is simply deadly.

Batistuta esque.

This could be a challenge for Unai......and we all know, he loves a challenge.

who knows who starts this one?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 19:34, OutByEaster? said:

Get there early if you want to get in on matchday!

Joking aside this will probably be the next problem as there will be **** all left to eat or drink come Half Time. 

But will it be planned and factored in? 

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Joking aside this will probably be the next problem as there will be **** all left to eat or drink come Half Time. 

But will it be planned and factored in? 

The thing with the shop on matchday is that because we have the big player arrival about an hour and a quarter before kick off, there are thousands of people at that end of the ground from around two hours before kick off. The new fan zone was packed from at least an hour and a half before kick off and a lot of the people arriving early have a look in the shop.

On matchday, if you don't want to queue for a fair while to get in and then queue for a fair while again to pay and a fair while again if you're having anything printed, I'd recommend getting there for about 12:30 for a 15:00 kick off.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing with the shop on matchday is that because we have the big player arrival about an hour and a quarter before kick off, there are thousands of people at that end of the ground from around two hours before kick off. The new fan zone was packed from at least an hour and a half before kick off and a lot of the people arriving early have a look in the shop.

On matchday, if you don't want to queue for a fair while to get in and then queue for a fair while again to pay and a fair while again if you're having anything printed, I'd recommend getting there for about 12:30 for a 15:00 kick off.

They only open the doors 90 minutes before kick off

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I would doubt we will see any of those start. We thought there would be some of those changes for the Everton game, ahead of our big CL game, and there wasnt.  We thought there might be some vs YB, for various reasons, and there wasnt. Barring injuries/niggles, I really dont think there will be any changes for Wolves, especially not with Wycombe a few days after. 

He might do something like put in Ned, and give Bogarde a break. And if Bailey is fit I guess would probably start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Famous last words.....I think LIverpool said that last weekend.

There are no easy games in this league and application can sometimes trump talent.

We have to be "At It" there are no short cuts, or days off on deck chairs.

We have to show we want it more than them......This is also part and parcel of becoming an Elite team.

I never said there were easy games, football played on paper we win comfortably, it is not, hence this is a big game and a chance to show where we are at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Or go straight after the match and don’t queue at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaTO said:

I would doubt we will see any of those start. We thought there would be some of those changes for the Everton game, ahead of our big CL game, and there wasnt.  We thought there might be some vs YB, for various reasons, and there wasnt. Barring injuries/niggles, I really dont think there will be any changes for Wolves, especially not with Wycombe a few days after. 

He might do something like put in Ned, and give Bogarde a break. And if Bailey is fit I guess would probably start.

Probably right as Unai's comment pre-match (YB) about having a group where he wanted them to understand the "processes" made it seem like he wants to largely keep a consistent team unless needing to change for injury. 

But I share the view of others that we need to start giving more game time to others to either keep them happy or to help them get over nerves as JPB for instance has looked ropey in his cameos as he knows he's on for a few mins so is desperate not to make a mistake.

Personally would go;

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Maatsen

SJM  Barkey Ramsey

JPB   Duran  Rogers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Probably right as Unai's comment pre-match (YB) about having a group where he wanted them to understand the "processes" made it seem like he wants to largely keep a consistent team unless needing to change for injury. 

But I share the view of others that we need to start giving more game time to others to either keep them happy or to help them get over nerves as JPB for instance has looked ropey in his cameos as he knows he's on for a few mins so is desperate not to make a mistake.

Personally would go;

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Maatsen

SJM  Barkey Ramsey

JPB   Duran  Rogers

Yeah that's sort of my take. We have a decent squad now so let's use it rather than getting to November and having to use those players because we're getting loads of injuries/suspensions and we're then starting guys who haven't played much in three months against some of the best teams in the league.

You can make 2/3 switches to freshen up and still have our spine out there e.g. Konsa/Pau/Tielemamsn/SJM/Rogers/Ollie all still starting.

30 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Just lost 3-2 to Brighton

They haven't won in 10 away games. 

Since the 2nd of March they have only won one game in the last 19 and that was at home against Luton. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

Just seeing they are away to Brighton tonight, tough game so they might go strong.

Made 10 changes from the Newcastle line up on Sunday 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â