Ticket Office

withes_shin

I finally got through to the ticket office just before 5.00pm to reallocate a season ticket to another family member.

A lovely girl answered the phone and first thing she said was "have you been trying to get through all week as well" and sounded absolutely fed up.

Bit of small talk on the phone while things were being sorted and I was told that there are only 9 people that work in the ticket office, some of them work from home and they are looking to move the ticket office to Bodymoor Heath.

Also I asked why you can no longer allocate tickets online using your fan ID log in and was told that the issue they had was that before when re-allocating tickets from an U21, U18, etc to and adult ticket they weren't charging the correct amount. The difference was what an adult season ticket, per game would cost and not what an adult match ticket would cost.

Not sure how many upgrade tickets per season but surely it can't have cost the club that much money and seems it should be an easy fix.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Day 5 of trying to contact the ticket office has been and gone. Wtf is going on. Any idea how I can assign my ticket to someone? 

Message them on the support page on Twitter, if failing all that before the game tomorrow, Get them to download the villa app and log in as you, they would just need to scan the qr code at the turnstile 

Edited by rbcuk

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Message them on the support page on Twitter, if failing all that before the game tomorrow, Get them to download the villa app and log in as you, they would just need to scan the qr code at the turnstile 

Thanks. I’ve tried messaging them numerous times. No luck. Will do the latter 

14 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

It’s verging on criminal how bad the ticket office is. 

Agreed I think i would rather wade through piss in The Holte bogs than waste hours on the phone.

Sort it out Villa worst customer service in the world. 

It's not the 9 people that man the phones fault just increase the numbers of staff and sort out the I.T. so we can do easy stuff like re-allocate tickets ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, turvontour said:

Have they closed the phone lines now? Last ten times I've tried it hasn't gone through to a queue. Just saying high demand so we can't answer. Absolutely appalling.

You just have to hang up and keep on trying, and eventually you’ll get put in the queue. 

Posted (edited)

It's all very well to moan but a couple of extra employees in the ticket office could be the difference between success and failure on the pitch.  It really could. 

Don't complain if we have to sell Martinez because you guys have someone to sort your ticket issues out on the phone. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

. I had to assign the dingles and Everton games as I was going on holiday. I was on  hold over an hour which was probably my 13th attempt at calling. I eventually got to number 1 in the queue then bizarrely got to number zero in the queue! How the **** can you be zero in the queue?! Anyway I was zero for 20 minutes. When I got through the guy said only 7 people were hired but don’t worry they are trying to hire more. 

when I finally got through they only needed basic information about me like I’d number and address so I said to mate next time I can’t attend he can ring up and pretend to be me as I’m not going through that again.

they make it difficult so people don’t do it and sell back to the club.

i have subsequently complained to the club only to receive a generic shitty response copied below

Thank you for your email. While it’s unfortunate that you felt the need to escalate this through our fan complaints channel, we appreciate your time and effort in sharing your concerns with us.

As you are aware, we have experienced an unusually high volume of inquiries via phone, email, and X (formerly Twitter), since the start of the season which unfortunately has impacted our ability to respond to everyone as quickly as we would have liked, and we can only apologise for that. We are actively working to improve our services by expanding our team, which will make it easier for supporters to reach us moving forward.

Season ticket holders can reassign their tickets on a game-by-game basis. If you are unable to attend a match, we can reassign your tickets to different Fan ID’s. This can currently be done by contacting the ticket office on 0333 323 1874 or emailing ticketsales@avfc.co.uk, as long as the match is available for sale, usually four weeks before the fixture takes place. We understand that the inability to do this online may be frustrating, but we are pleased to inform you that we are working on implementing this feature on the Aston Villa website, and it will be available soon.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We hope this helps clarify the situation.

Kind regards,
Aston Villa Ticket Office

28 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

Heck is probably dreaming up a premium rate GA + phone line. Pay 50p a minute and we might actually answer your calls. 

50p per minute? Nah, Heck talks in pounds not pence, £2 per minute minimum, then to be put in a queue for at least 10 minutes that plays really, really posh music, interrupted by adverts offering a GA ++ ticket office experience at only £5 per minute

• Haha 1

Does anyone have a number for contacting the Villa regarding ticketing issues during weekends? 

My season ticket still hasn't materialised and now they haven't sent me the ticket for Man Utd tomorrow. 

Try messaging ‘AVFC support’ on Twitter Messenger see if they are available

All else fails see if Club reception can help 0121 327 2299 to see if they can direct you to somebody.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Try messaging ‘AVFC support’ on Twitter Messenger see if they are available

All else fails see if Club reception can help 0121 327 2299 to see if they can direct you to somebody.

All closed at weekends. Its an absolute shambles. I have to jump through hoops every single game. I'm very close to just cancelling the direct debit. They'll sort it straight away then. 

• Sad 1

On 13/09/2024 at 18:17, withes_shin said:

I finally got through to the ticket office just before 5.00pm to reallocate a season ticket to another family member.

A lovely girl answered the phone and first thing she said was "have you been trying to get through all week as well" and sounded absolutely fed up.

Bit of small talk on the phone while things were being sorted and I was told that there are only 9 people that work in the ticket office, some of them work from home and they are looking to move the ticket office to Bodymoor Heath.

Also I asked why you can no longer allocate tickets online using your fan ID log in and was told that the issue they had was that before when re-allocating tickets from an U21, U18, etc to and adult ticket they weren't charging the correct amount. The difference was what an adult season ticket, per game would cost and not what an adult match ticket would cost.

Not sure how many upgrade tickets per season but surely it can't have cost the club that much money and seems it should be an easy fix.

I got told the same story two years ago Chris, really something you'd hoped they would fix by now. 

I find twitter the best way to reallocate seats. As long as you don't need an upgrade, a simple DM with details is normally complete in a few hours. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â