Kingman

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kane is injured isn't he?

Apparently he is available to play according to some media reports. Not sure why Bayern would risk him if honest 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not sure if Kane will play, went off injured at the weekend

one of the biggest papers here, Bild, which to be fair isnt a great paper, threw him under the bus "whats the point in 3 goals vs kiel if he doesnt have a shot vs leverkusen"

He really hasn't done much in the big games since joining them which is always the test of someone who cost 80-100m. Scored v Real Madrid and Arsenal in CL last season but think they were both penalties and he was on the periphery in general play. Not sure if he's scored v Leverkusen or Dortmund either.

He can score against us of course but I think in general play he's on the decline now.

True, tomorrow is all about embracing the occasion and soaking up the music, the atmosphere, the Gary Shaw tributes, and being proud of our manager and team for getting us to this stage. We might well lose, and that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, but just being back in the big time and giving our all is enough for me. 

Obviously we want to win, but it’s not essential to our champions league campaign, our season, or our future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will probably be the best atmosphere of any Villa game this season. For Bayern it's just another group phase game but for our players it will be special. I think we will put in a huge performance but our poor defence will cost us. 

1-2 Bayern.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I am very nervous about tomorrow night. The display against Ipswich was very disappointing and we looked very disjointed. I know there has been a lot of chat about McGinn’s form recently but in his absence I feel we lack a leader. Hopefully Ipswich was a one off and together with what will be an incredible atmosphere we will get a great result.

This is probably the least nervous I've been ahead of a game in ages. 

We aren't expected to win and we've already won the champions league game we probably needed to so far against Young Boys. 

If we draw or win then great. This should be a night of pride and celebration. 

Edited by turvontour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I do like Carl. Wonderful historian that can tell anything about Brum.

He's always saying....."Come on me Babby's"

funny when you mention it.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

This is probably the least nervous I've been ahead of a game in ages. 

We aren't expected to win and we've already won the champions league game we probably needed to so far against Young Boys. 

If we draw or win then great. This should be a night of pride and celebration. 

I am nervous in every game for well documented reasons....so what's new, is my view.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Will probably be the best atmosphere of any Villa game this season. For Bayern it's just another group phase game but for our players it will be special. I think we will put in a huge performance but our poor defence will cost us. 

1-2 Bayern.

I'd go further than that...

I'm expecting it to be regarded like Liverpool in the semi final or ajax at home, its going to have a huge buzz around it

but as good as an experience it will be for us Bayern are too experienced to be phased by it, personally i don't think it will be the defence as such that costs us, it will be missing kamara, Bayern will run from deep with musiala olise and gnarby / sane, its a huge night for onana and i think he will struggle, the midfield tracking runs will be our undoing

• Like 1

I'm confident we can get a positive result tomorrow. I don't see Bayern as being any better than Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool and we have held our own against those sides over the last year both in terms of results and performances. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He really hasn't done much in the big games since joining them which is always the test of someone who cost 80-100m. Scored v Real Madrid and Arsenal in CL last season but think they were both penalties and he was on the periphery in general play. Not sure if he's scored v Leverkusen or Dortmund either.

He can score against us of course but I think in general play he's on the decline now.

and our boy is on the up.....This game is designed for JD, to come on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd go further than that...

I'm expecting it to be regarded like Liverpool in the semi final or ajax at home, its going to have a huge buzz around it

but as good as an experience it will be for us Bayern are too experienced to be phased by it, personally i don't think it will be the defence as such that costs us, it will be missing kamara, Bayern will run from deep with musiala olise and gnarby / sane, its a huge night for onana and i think he will struggle, the midfield tracking runs will be our undoing

I agree

but, I see Kamara as a part of the defensive mechanism.

defending is not just the back 4/5...its the team.

• Like 1