Kingman

9 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be against that. Last season's Bailey would be a no-brainer to start but he's looked a bit insipid since returning to the side. Perhaps a better option off the bench.

As far as the defence is concerned, it's practically a given that Diego Carlos will make at least one error that leads directly to a goal so I don't see the harm in having our first choice centre-backs and Ned at RB, bolstered by an extra midfielder.

I'd keep Bailey in. Played against Bayern countless times and has CL experience so he should be on it. If we can't get the ball to Rogers (and Bayern will be alert to his danger so will have someone like Laimer round him) we are going to be very slow on the counter attack.

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confident for this one.

Not confident we'll win, I think that's a big ask.

But confident we'll raise our game and be at our best

We've shown consistently under Emery that we lift ourselves for the big games against top opponents. Even in the small sample size this season, arguably our best performance was Arsenal even though we lost

So I've no doubts we'll give Bayern a really good game on Wednesday

Agreed. We thumped Man City at Villa Park just last season, so I have no reason to believe we can’t give Bayern a real go.

Not sure I’ll predict a win, but I won’t be surprised if it happens.

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Kane will use every trick in the book to win a penalty. Kane is no fool either, he knows if Carlos plays then it's easy pickings for a penalty. 

Ned at RB for me. 

I sort of want to see a Kane vs Carlos foot race at one stage😂

not sure if Kane will play, went off injured at the weekend

one of the biggest papers here, Bild, which to be fair isnt a great paper, threw him under the bus "whats the point in 3 goals vs kiel if he doesnt have a shot vs leverkusen"

I can’t see Cash being ready to start, if he’s only just back training he’ll be a week or so away yet, you’d imagine. Given that, I’d absolutely put Konsa back next to Pau and give Nedeljkovic the start. His speed will help us push Bayern back as from what I’ve seen they play a high line and leave plenty of space in behind as they try to strangle teams. We need as much pace on the counter as we can muster imo. 

I hope Kane doesn’t play. I hate his face and his constant diving. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

We should take some inspiration from the 82 final. That Bayern team were as good as any Bayern team and that's no exaggeration. We rode our luck at times but we never once lacked self - belief, or that desire which is win at all costs. Luck invariably favours the brave, and, just as against City last season, that's exactly what we must be, otherwise, we'll lose. As long as that focus, commitment and intensity are at the levels required, we will give them a game. Three points would be delicious, however, all things considered, I 'll take a point, with a smi!e.

Come on me Babbys!!

Spot on.

You sound like my Villa mate, who I sit next to (at the match )Carl Chinn.....that's his expression too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Been looking forward to what display they come up with for this one

all out intensity and urgency....being first to the ball is crucial.

Energy Conservation, needs to go out of the window, for this one, else we will be turned over.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

all out intensity and urgency....being first to the ball is crucial.

Energy Conservation, needs to go out of the window, for this one, else we will be turned over.

I meant the display by the 1897 group 😁

But your points are still valid

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I meant the display by the 1897 group 😁

But your points are still valid

Sorry.

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I can’t see Cash being ready to start, if he’s only just back training he’ll be a week or so away yet, you’d imagine. Given that, I’d absolutely put Konsa back next to Pau and give Nedeljkovic the start. His speed will help us push Bayern back as from what I’ve seen they play a high line and leave plenty of space in behind as they try to strangle teams. We need as much pace on the counter as we can muster imo. 

I hope Kane doesn’t play. I hate his face and his constant diving. 

I hate his constant scoring.

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Cash-Konsa-Pau-Digne

Where is the dominant one, amongst that group?

There lies an issue for me.

When he's fit.

Konsa - Mings- Torres....with the full backs pushing on, or retreating with the dynamics of the game.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Spot on.

You sound like my Villa mate, who I sit next to (at the match )Carl Chinn.....that's his expression too.

I do like Carl. Wonderful historian that can tell anything about Brum.

I am very nervous about tomorrow night. The display against Ipswich was very disappointing and we looked very disjointed. I know there has been a lot of chat about McGinn’s form recently but in his absence I feel we lack a leader. Hopefully Ipswich was a one off and together with what will be an incredible atmosphere we will get a great result.

• Like 2